Home

PS3 Slim sells 1 million units in 3 weeks

This is a discussion on PS3 Slim sells 1 million units in 3 weeks within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #17
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: PS3 Slim sells 1 million units in 3 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Holy crap, anytime someone mentions some info on the PS3 doing a bit better or selling well, all xbox owners come to dump on the parade.

Does it really bother some of you guys that Sony is doing a tad better for itself?
Not at all. I said the same thing about Halo's supposed sales numbers on that site.

You do realize it's a 2 way street though, posting over and over again about how great the PS3 is, do you "ps3 owners" really need to do that to make yourselves feel better?

See

I couldn't care less, good for Sony if they did sell a million units, that's awesome and great for the industry. Just using that site giving out info like it's gospal and then the NPD comes out and it's different. Or using global numbers for stats instead of the US numbers (do any of us care what sells in Japan or Europe except people in those countries?).

There's no bash here.

Oh, and my post was about Shift, not the PS3. Shift 360 outsold the PS3 version in the US. Sorry, should have clarified that post.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Last edited by ExtremeGamer; 09-28-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #18
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Not at all. I said the same thing about Halo's supposed sales numbers on that site.

You do realize it's a 2 way street though, posting over and over again about how great the PS3 is, do you "ps3 owners" really need to do that to make yourselves feel better?

See

I could care less, good for Sony if they did sell a million units, that's awesome and great for the industry. Just using that site giving out info like it's gospal and then the NPD comes out and it's different. Or using global numbers for stats instead of the US numbers (do any of us care what sells in Japan or Europe except people in those countries?).

There's no bash here.

Oh, and my post was about Shift, not the PS3. Shift 360 outsold the PS3 version in the US. Sorry, should have clarified that post.
This wasn't indirectly towards you EG, I'm just saying if there is any mention about the sales on the PS3 and if there is an improvement, to some it can't be real.

I know this PS3 vs 360 is tiff for tat, that's why I don't get involved with it anymore. I hope both systems keep on selling well.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 09-28-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #19
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
This wasn't indirectly towards you EG, I'm just saying if there is any mention about the sales on the PS3 and if there is an improvement, to some it can't be real.

I know this PS3 vs 360 is tiff for tat, that's why I don;t get involved with it anymore. I hope both systems keep on selling well.
Oh, I know, I was just clarifying.

Hell, I want the PS3 to sell well. If it sells well, it forces MS' hand. As Sony owners should want the 360 to do well, as it forces Sony's hand.

We're all gamers, we older ones with kids as you and I are have limited time so we are down to one console. We just want games!

There's no question the price drop for Sony sold a ton of PS3's. I'd put the number around 500,000 systems for the next NPD if I was guessing. Which would be double or more any previous month of the past 5-6 at least.

I like Candy/Gears/Jigsaw's original post, as it's a direct Sony press release. But once you get into 3rd party sites, if it's not NPD, I'm not listening. LOL

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 09-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #20
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:

Hell, I want the PS3 to sell well. If it sells well, it forces MS' hand. As Sony owners should want the 360 to do well, as it forces Sony's hand.

We're all gamers, we older ones with kids as you and I are have limited time so we are down to one console. We just want games!

There's no question the price drop for Sony sold a ton of PS3's. I'd put the number around 500,000 systems for the next NPD if I was guessing. Which would be double or more any previous month of the past 5-6 at least.

I like Candy/Gears/Jigsaw's original post, as it's a direct Sony press release. But once you get into 3rd party sites, if it's not NPD, I'm not listening. LOL
I hear ya.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 09-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #21
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Holy crap, anytime someone mentions some info on the PS3 doing a bit better or selling well, all xbox owners come to dump on the parade.

Does it really bother some of you guys that Sony is doing a tad better for itself?
It actually seems more like the ps3 owners are just more defensive about their console. Nothing I posted in here was dumping on the ps3, just pointing out some spin.

I'd love for Sony to do better, as it forces MS to do better. MS largely got away with a horribly designed console with overpriced accessories because Sony was down for a bit. Now that they are closer in price and developers have years of experience on the ps3, things will get interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #22
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:

I second that, both these systems need competition to light a fire under each others you know what. While Sony might be doing some of that to MS right now, I would love for MS to turn up the heat a bit more on Sony to get them going on a few more things.

I am getting to the point like you EG where I am considering just going down to one console myself. I barely have enough time for one console, let alone two. I just think the older that we get with the addition of our families/kids we have it just becomes harder to enjoy multiple consoles and games like we used to.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #23
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsX8
I second that, both these systems need competition to light a fire under each others you know what. While Sony might be doing some of that to MS right now, I would love for MS to turn up the heat a bit more on Sony to get them going on a few more things.

I am getting to the point like you EG where I am considering just going down to one console myself. I barely have enough time for one console, let alone two. I just think the older that we get with the addition of our families/kids we have it just becomes harder to enjoy multiple consoles and games like we used to.
Yeah, it's not even a "fanboy" thing, we just pick one and roll with it.

Example, I sold my PS3 over a year ago, haven't looked back, in approx the same time frame there's been 3,000 posts in the PS3 official thread, I haven't had one of them. Why? Because I don't own it so no need to discuss it. Only time I really ever bring up PS3 is in discussions where it's merited. Sales figures, comparing exclusives, etc.

It's actually easier just to worry about one system no matter which one it is. I completely understand when people make threads trying to figure out which system to buy, we just don't have the time or money anymore. I don't feel either system is worth owning if you're only going to buy 2-3 games for it and then play the other exclusively. That's just me though.

I'm glad as I said before that Sony is doing well. Now that the consoles are priced about the same, things will get interesting with first parties and games. This is what we want, we want the games to be top notch for both systems. MS needs an "Uncharted 2" as much as Sony needs a "Halo". (please everyone, don't twist this into a bash or Killzone comparison, it's not meant that way)

I feel the next year or so is going to be awesome for both "sides" and all of us gamers win!

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 09-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #24
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Yeah, it's not even a "fanboy" thing, we just pick one and roll with it.

Example, I sold my PS3 over a year ago, haven't looked back, in approx the same time frame there's been 3,000 posts in the PS3 official thread, I haven't had one of them. Why? Because I don't own it so no need to discuss it. Only time I really ever bring up PS3 is in discussions where it's merited. Sales figures, comparing exclusives, etc.

It's actually easier just to worry about one system no matter which one it is. I completely understand when people make threads trying to figure out which system to buy, we just don't have the time or money anymore. I don't feel either system is worth owning if you're only going to buy 2-3 games for it and then play the other exclusively. That's just me though.

I'm glad as I said before that Sony is doing well. Now that the consoles are priced about the same, things will get interesting with first parties and games. This is what we want, we want the games to be top notch for both systems. MS needs an "Uncharted 2" as much as Sony needs a "Halo". (please everyone, don't twist this into a bash or Killzone comparison, it's not meant that way)

I feel the next year or so is going to be awesome for both "sides" and all of us gamers win!
I don't ever find anything wrong with discussing a system that you do not own as long as everyone is civil. There are plenty of guys here that don't own one or the other and are civil in some of the threads for a system they don't own. Then there are others where you see a capital "A" for agenda when they enter a system thread that they do not own.

You make a very good point about only playing 2-3 titles on one system, while the other is for exclusives. I am at that point right now, its trying to muster the courage to just go with one console. I just don't see the point and its probably best to have your one main console and maybe a handheld for those rainy days.

It's hard to say with Killzone........it was a fun game but had some quirks in the gameplay that really did turn people off. What MS has done with ODST in terms of incorporating story and presentation is what a game like Killzone needed more of to flesh out its story.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »