Home

So I bought a banned PS3 off Craigslist

This is a discussion on So I bought a banned PS3 off Craigslist within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:00 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: So I bought a banned PS3 off Craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Exactly.

To the OP...I hope everything works out for you man. And I have a question, does Craigslist have a feature where you could report a buyer that is misleading or selling a product that is disfunctional in some way and not making it known to the buyer? If so, try going that route to see if you can somehow recoup your money.
To my knowledge CL doesnt have much of a system like that unless its a stolen item or something you can call the police about which I think OP should do " stolen Credit Cards " ?.
Since Feebay really stinks these days I tried CL and was a bit hesitant but I sold tons of Quality furniture at great prices without having to give paypal or Ebay a cut .
CASH ONLY as they are now scamming money orders and western union and the sad thing is like a month later you get a visit from the FBI and you will have to pay it back but crooks will only do it expensive items .
The bottom line talk a few times before meeting and cash only !!!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #50
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
Lmao.
Did I say something funny?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #51
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Hello Jesse,

Your concerns have been heard regarding the PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system ban.

Honestly, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is not in law enforcement and are not going to "go after" anyone. It would be your responsibility to work this out with whoever sold you the "used" PS3.
Exactly what I expected. And frankly, had they of said "yeah, we'll find the guy, you can have your console unbanned" i'd have been shocked. It was just some sort of last ditch effort that I knew wouldn't in 1000 years work but I felt like I had to try.

I'm done now. Done trying. Frankly, I don't even care that much anymore. I'm just going to enjoy The Show, offline, because it's still the best baseball game on the market.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 06:22 PM   #52
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

You can get a 60 GB PS3 that's refurbished (used) for $225 right now @ Gamestop and it would more than likely have online capability.

I guess the moral of the story: "buyer beware".

...and to next time have the seller sign a contract stating that he/she confirms all functions are working properly as intended and that the system can be returned within 30 days for full money back.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #53
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

I have never been impressed with Sony's customer service. They did very little to help me when mine got stolen. You'd think they would be a little more helpful considering they have the technology to help recover these systems.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #54
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
I'm done now. Done trying. Frankly, I don't even care that much anymore. I'm just going to enjoy The Show, offline, because it's still the best baseball game on the market.
I like your attitude. Can't cry over spilled milk. At least you have a console that works.

Unlike a friend of mine who bought a laptop out of the trunk of a car near the Tenderloin (SF) and came home with a rock...twice!

Hopefully Sony recoups the loss somehow and unbans your PS3. I don't know for sure but I think there is a way to update the firmware (if needed) from the internet.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #55
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

OVR: 15

Just wondering..

Do you know if it is banning the MAC address of the NIC card? Or is it banning the serial no. of the PS3?

If you have a usb network adapter, see if you can make the PS3 work with it. If its just the MAC address then it should change with adapter. I don't know just a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #56
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizzypoof
Just wondering..

Do you know if it is banning the MAC address of the NIC card? Or is it banning the serial no. of the PS3?

If you have a usb network adapter, see if you can make the PS3 work with it. If its just the MAC address then it should change with adapter. I don't know just a thought.
That's a good thought, but I highly doubt Sony would leave such a gaping hole there to exploit.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »