Home

Why So Many 360s BANNED?!...

This is a discussion on Why So Many 360s BANNED?!... within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 01:39 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Why So Many 360s BANNED?!...

i got the red light of death scare and went on XBOX.com for help. i noticed all the banned 360s threads being posted. what's going on?! how is Microsoft caughting these guys?...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Why So Many 360s BANNED?!...

People with modded consoles.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:59 AM   #3
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

what constitutes modded?

I have never done anything to my 360, but have entertained the idea of increasing the HD space.

Would that be considered worthy of a ban?

EDIT-- Nevermind. I googled and answered my own question. I see people claim it has to do with keeping people from illegally obtaining achievements, MS points, etc.

My question, however, how can Sony allow non proprietary HDs while MS can't/won't?

Last edited by hogfan; 11-07-2009 at 05:09 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #4
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
what constitutes modded?

I have never done anything to my 360, but have entertained the idea of increasing the HD space.

Would that be considered worthy of a ban?

EDIT-- Nevermind. I googled and answered my own question. I see people claim it has to do with keeping people from illegally obtaining achievements, MS points, etc.

My question, however, how can Sony allow non proprietary HDs while MS can't/won't?
It's a Microsoft choice man. They want you to buy their products. I don't really see the big deal with it honestly, nor do I ever see the need to mod a console and risk getting it banned. There isn't anything out there I need so badly that I need to go through all that trouble.

I just don't get it, and certainly don't feel bad for people that get banned. Would it be nice if you could add extra storage to the 360 like you can on PS3? Of course. But you know the rules, you choose to break them, and therefor suffer the consequences.

The fact that people know that going in, still choose to break them, then whine about it afterwards always makes me laugh.

Last edited by DickDalewood; 11-07-2009 at 08:18 AM.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

wow, seems like Microsoft is also taking a shot in the dark. i friend of mine just texted me he was banned. he thinks its because he got lucky and landed a copy of NBA2k10 a day before released from Wal-Mart(reciept in hand) played it and M$ banned him for that. i can understand the need to eliminate piracy but shouldn't the store be penalized not him...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hello..the only time i opened my 360 was when she broked for the 4th time,eventually i had to buy a cheap arcade jasper model,my opinion is that,at your home do what you want but be ready if it goes wrong

Last edited by joxgordi; 11-07-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
wow, seems like Microsoft is also taking a shot in the dark. i friend of mine just texted me he was banned. he thinks its because he got lucky and landed a copy of NBA2k10 a day before released from Wal-Mart(reciept in hand) played it and M$ banned him for that. i can understand the need to eliminate piracy but shouldn't the store be penalized not him...
I find it very hard to believe that's why he was banned.

I've played every big game early. Had Madden a week early, NCAA a week early, NBA Live almost a week early, Modern Warfare 2 a week early, Halo early, etc.

He was doing something else, that's a guarantee.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 11-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #8
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I find it very hard to believe that's why he was banned.

I've played every big game early. Had Madden a week early, NCAA a week early, NBA Live almost a week early, Modern Warfare 2 a week early, Halo early, etc.

He was doing something else, that's a guarantee.
Only time I have heard of people getting banned for playing a game Early is a Microsoft Game like Halo or Gears

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »