Home

Guilt, gaming and the "too many games" syndrome

This is a discussion on Guilt, gaming and the "too many games" syndrome within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2009, 02:01 PM   #9
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Guilt, gaming and the "too many games" syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
KG2THEZ, what you say is something i've been considering. I really hate to add another monthly fee to my budget but i'm thinking maybe renting is something i should be doing instead of buying so many games and only "surface" playing them..
Gamefly always sounds better and better. Just last week I rented 2 games, which was the first time in a very long time that I rented a game. It's fine to buy the must have titles, but not the ones your are iffy or as you call titles that you might just scratch the surface.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #10
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Gamefly isn't bad. I left them because they started taking longer and longer to send out the games I wanted. Unless you already have a game pre-queued, the chances of you getting a new release isn't very good. It also seemed like I was wasting my money because I tend to take a long time with most games. I'd rather just buy the games I know that I want and try out the iffy ones when they get cheap.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

I never buy multiple games in a short period of time. I buy one ,stick with it funtil I've gotten a lot out of it, and then buy the next game I'm interested in.

There's really no reason to buy everything at once. Once the game is released, it's not going anywhere. I want Forza 3, but it's not like they're going to take it off the shelves now. It will be there when I'm ready and if anything, I can save money because it will be cheaper if I wait. Heck, I still haven't gotten around to Fallout 3 yet and I'm glad because now the Game of the Year edition is out. I'll get to it when I get to it.

Last edited by born_bad; 11-16-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #12
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_bad
I never buy multiple games in a short period of time. I buy one stick with it for until I've gotten a lot out of it and then buy the next game I'm interested in.

There's really no reason to buy everything at once. Once the game is released, it's not going anywhere. I want Forza 3, but it's not like they're going to take it off the shelves now. It will be there when I'm ready and if anything, I can save money because it will be cheaper if I wait. Heck, I still haven't gotten around to Fallout 3 yet and I'm glad because now the Game of the Year edition is out. I'll get to it when I get to it.
I wish I could be that disciplined lol. Whenever a new game comes out and I see a lot of ppl on my friends' list is playing it, I run out like a dumb *** and go buy it. Now I have way more games that I need right now. I will be taking a break after NCAA Basketball 10.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 11-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #13
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

My advice to you would be either GameFly or rent. It seems like you're choosing to play videogames strictly because you feel guilty you bought something you never use. To me, it seems like you're just wasting money.

I used to be an incredibly impulsive videogame buyer but over the last year or so it's stopped completely. It probably didn't help that I ran of disposable income on a monthly basis. I'll buy games here and there every year, but for the most part I've done pretty well with my gaming purchases and how much time I dedicate to each. I try and regulate myself to a new game every 2-3 months so in the end, I get about 5-6 games per year.

I'll always get NCAA Football no matter how good/bad it is, Madden I can live without getting every year, and I don't care about the NBA. That leaves me with NCAA Football, MLB (whether Bigs or 2K), and then 3 other releases whether new or old.

This winter is going to kill me though with COD: MW2, Batman (which I'm picking up on Black Friday), NCAA Basketball, and then Mass Effect 2 in January.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #14
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

Most of my gaming comes in the winter time (less things to do). So most of my summer games become a backlog for the winter.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Old 11-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Yeah Wazzuu, you're right, sometimes I feel like i'm just putting in "my time" on certain games. I guess I get caught up in the hype with everyone else and I need to stop doing that. Because let's be honest, on this forum and on most it's like a herd of folks who just run from one game to the next. And I think when you do that you miss out on some games.

Like I played a couple of incredible games of Madden on Saturday online vs. a friend and I asked him - why haven't we played this more? and we both knew the reason, because there is too much new stuff we should be playing that we don't have time to truly enjoy any one game but instead run from one game to the next taking little samples of each.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #16
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxplosive1984
I wish I could be that disciplined lol. Whenever a new game comes out and I see a lot of ppl on my friends' list is playing it, I run out like a dumb *** and go buy it. Now I have way more games that I need right now. I will be taking a break after NCAA Basketball 10.
I used to be like that. A wife, mortgage and kids changed that though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »