Home

Refurbished PS3 Opinion

This is a discussion on Refurbished PS3 Opinion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2010, 12:12 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Refurbished PS3 Opinion

For those of you who have bought one or received one from Sony, how has yours worked? The lack of new PS3s out there is making me nervous that I won't have one in time for the Show and I want to buy Heavy Rain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2010, 12:23 AM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Refurbished PS3 Opinion

So far mine seems okay. It's a bit louder than my other PS3, especially when loading and ejecting discs.

But the biggest issue I've had is that it doesn't auto shut-off with the "after three hours" setting on. It seems to with one hour (I have tested the option with two or five hours), but it doesn't with the three hour option, which is strange. I might go to Sony about this.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-28-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
Pro

Lordcledus's Arena

OVR: 10

I bought a 20gb refurb from Gamestop back in February of 2008 that is still going strong today. Before that, I had previously bought a refurb that died in 2 weeks. To be honest for what refurbs are selling for now, you are better off price wise and better protected by buying new.

XBL: Lordcledus

Old 02-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

i bought one off ebay, and it's fine.

if it dies, it dies. Wouldn't be anything new to me this gen anyways.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordcledus
I bought a 20gb refurb from Gamestop back in February of 2008 that is still going strong today. Before that, I had previously bought a refurb that died in 2 weeks. To be honest for what refurbs are selling for now, you are better off price wise and better protected by buying new.
I agree I would buy a new one but if you cant find any new ones there is nothing wrong with buying a refubrished one.

I bought my refurbished PS3 a year and a half ago and it is still going great. I've not had one issue with it. It works like any other PS3. A freeze or 2 occasionally but nothing alarming. When I bought it, it pretty much came like new. I couldn't tell the difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2010, 03:52 AM   #6
Pro

Lordcledus's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
I agree I would buy a new one but if you cant find any new ones there is nothing wrong with buying a refubrished one.

I bought my refurbished PS3 a year and a half ago and it is still going great. I've not had one issue with it. It works like any other PS3. A freeze or 2 occasionally but nothing alarming. When I bought it, it pretty much came like new. I couldn't tell the difference.
I never said there was anything wrong with buying a refurbed PS3. I've bought 2, I was just unfortunate to have the first one die on me within 2 weeks.

XBL: Lordcledus

Old 03-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Aside from this latest SNAFU that's affecting just about all the old consoles, I really haven't had one problem with my refurb PS3. I think it's been 2 years, but maybe just one.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 12

I feel a little better that even if I had a PS3 I still wouldn't be able to play The Show tomorrow, but I still need one and after calling 10 Gamestops, 4 Best Buys, 3 Targets, 3 Wal-Marts, 3 Toys R Us and 2 Fry's within the area I came up empty on the new PS3 front, so a refurbished may have to be bought. I like what I'm hearing about them so far on here

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »