Home

PC transfer cable for 360 hard drive

This is a discussion on PC transfer cable for 360 hard drive within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12
PC transfer cable for 360 hard drive

I've read through some threads and haven't seen this addressed yet. I am looking for a larger HDD and on ebay many of these come with a PC transfer cable. Has anyone used this method yet? And would it work with a Mac computer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: PC transfer cable for 360 hard drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb24
I've read through some threads and haven't seen this addressed yet. I am looking for a larger HDD and on ebay many of these come with a PC transfer cable. Has anyone used this method yet? And would it work with a Mac computer?
I bought a 60gb and a transfer cable. It uses the same software as Xport and Xsata. I'm not really sure about the software working with Mac, but, if it does, I would suggest deleting everything off of you exisiting HDD, save only the save data. Otherwise you'll spend hours transferring useless data. It does require that your computers HDD has the amount of the HDD you're transferring to be free, meaning if you have a 20GB right now, that much space has to be available on the Mac. But I really didn't have any issues with the transfer, once I took off the games I had installed on my HDD. Only took about 5 minutes to do saves and gamer profiles.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 03-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

you just hook up the hard drive to the cable and the cable to the xbox, then put the cd in, and it transfers everything for you
Old 03-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
MVP

bvb24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
you just hook up the hard drive to the cable and the cable to the xbox, then put the cd in, and it transfers everything for you
From my understanding there are cables that require a PC. Those are the cables I'm referencing.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #5
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvb24
From my understanding there are cables that require a PC. Those are the cables I'm referencing.
if the cable is the one from MS, then a computer is not required(although one can still be used). that is if you have the CD that comes with it.

a non-MS cable would likely need a computer to transfer. a program called Xport360 is what I currently use. there are others out there though. not sure if it is compatible with a Mac though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 10:47 PM   #6
MVP

bvb24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
if the cable is the one from MS, then a computer is not required(although one can still be used). that is if you have the CD that comes with it.

a non-MS cable would likely need a computer to transfer. a program called Xport360 is what I currently use. there are others out there though. not sure if it is compatible with a Mac though.
Xport360 is PC only I believe. I just bit the bullet and ordered the Microsoft cable. I'll just ebay it when I'm done with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »