Home

Playstation Move controller WOW!!!!

This is a discussion on Playstation Move controller WOW!!!! within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2010, 10:17 PM   #9
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Playstatuib Move controller WOW!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I heard a rumor years back that the reason Sega scrapped the VR project wasn't just because of the glitches, but because they had some preliminary plans for a different Genesis add-on... that eventually became the 32X... they wound up spending more on that blunder than the VR project
That stuff would have sucked on the genesis hardware anyways.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral50
My E3 longshot prediction: Metal Gear Solid 4 Substance/Game of Year with some sort of Move support (and trophies)
That's how rumors get started

jk...

To be honest, I got excited when I thought about this. Hope is always a good thing.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 4

If anyone can find the video of using the controller as gun control I would give extra kudos too, lol. That would be awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #12
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmizzou
If anyone can find the video of using the controller as gun control I would give extra kudos too, lol. That would be awesome.
look 3 post above yours
Old 03-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Playstation Move controller WOW!!!!

I'm not impressed at all with move for a couple reasons.

1. The actual tech isn't that great. They're trying to use an existing piece of technology (PS Eye camera) which wasn't created with all the applications they had in mind.

2. The controllers look ridiculous and are very aesthetically unappealing.

3. As an add-on, sales won't be very high and likely won't be integrated into a large % of games.

4. There is a more innovative and marketable competing piece of technology coming out in the same time frame (Natal). Move is largely a copy of the wii hardware, but with HD graphics.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:29 PM   #14
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

No thank you. I love my Wii, but because of all the movement i'm rarely in the mood to play it. I'll stick with my traditional controller, though I fear this motion stuff is the wave of the future.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I heard a rumor years back that the reason Sega scrapped the VR project wasn't just because of the glitches, but because they had some preliminary plans for a different Genesis add-on... that eventually became the 32X... they wound up spending more on that blunder than the VR project

Microsoft has been trying to find ways to compete with the Wii's leverage and now Sony is jumping on it, too. Although I'm not a fan of the Wii, I gotta hand it to Nintendo. I never thought Nintendo would ever be in the lead again or be a trendsetter again either, but they did it. I just hope it dies off at some point soon, because the last thing I'd want is for what I consider the "serious" game systems to take that direction entirely and then next generation we get bombarded with it from all of the big three.

Sega had some add-on for the Genesis that was an octagon shaped piece of plastic you put on the floor and stood in the middle of. You were supposed to be able to do punches and kicks and your character would emulate your moves. I remember the print ad for it always showed a kid doing Johnny Cage's Shadow Kick from the first Mortal Kombat. I never knew anyone that actually owned the thing, but I imagine it was terrible. I think it was called the Activator or something.

As for the Move, I'm sure its better than the Wii. It uses a camera to give you a true sense of 3D plus its coming out 3 and half years after the Wii which is plenty of time to improve upon what Nintendo has already done. If it isn't an improvement then clearly Sony is doing something wrong. As with all add-ons, it will only be as successful as the games and third party support. If no one supports it or makes worthwhile content for it then it will flop. It's certainly safer than Natal which is more of the high risk high reward scenario, but the danger in basically ripping off Nintendo is that it can put off consumers. Everyone and their grandmother already has a Wii, if Sony can't convince current Wii owners they need to try their motion controller then it will fail. Microsoft's peripheral at least looks completely different so that perception should be easy to avoid.

From a personal standpoint, I'm not that interested. Yes that demo was admittedly pretty interesting, but I've never had a desire to pretend I'm Wolf Blitzer or a weatherman. I think its neat that such technology will be available to the consumer but I question if I need it to get more enjoyment out of my hobby. I was an early adopter for the Wii so I'm a bit worn out on waggle controls. Nintendo has left me jaded on the importance of motion controls over a controller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #16
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
No thank you. I love my Wii, but because of all the movement i'm rarely in the mood to play it. I'll stick with my traditional controller, though I fear this motion stuff is the wave of the future.
That's kinda what i'm afraid of. I hope we don't ever get to the point where you have to jump around waving your controller for every single game. I understand the Wii has been popular but I play games as a way to relax and unwind not to jump around like an idiot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »