Home

Did you buy your 360 in the store or on ebay?Would you buy a refurbd 360?

This is a discussion on Did you buy your 360 in the store or on ebay?Would you buy a refurbd 360? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #9
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Did you buy your 360 in the store or on ebay?Would you buy a refurbd 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadazz
Yeah buy new. Hell put it on lay-a-way at K-mart. I just bought a new one on Amazon. Buying a used 360, is just about as bad as buying used underwear. You don't know what you me "get". LOL!
LMAO...about as bad as buying used underwear..thanks for that idea about putting it on lay-a-way . I didnt think of that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
just not worth it with all the probs in the 360's history to buy used. who knows how old of one youll get when u buy used. ive bought all of mine new at best buy and look at my history....kinda depressing

1) new 360 feb07

2) new 360 feb08 (1st one red ringed...had replacement warranty)
3) new 360 60gb pro w/hdmi feb09 (2nd one red ringed...last replacement)

all 3 were new right off the shelf and were built a few months before i purchased each one. as you can see, they didnt last too long either and theyre adult owned and not enclosed where they can get overheated. my 60gb pro is lasting the longest outta all of them cuz the quality got a lil better over time, but still my fingers are crossed at all times cuz this time im outta the replacement warranty and will have to send it in for repair. if anything buy an arcade cheapy and then just buy a used 20gb/60gb HDD off ebay
Mass Murda, you contradicted yourself in your post. You said its not worth with all the 360's history of red rings to go out and buy used, yet all the new ones you bought had the same problem with red rings. Actually, my same friend that suggested ebay, bought one of the 360's he had at best buy.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

I purchased a refurb from an online retailer and although I was meant to believe it was a refurb from MS. It turns out when it got the RROD and I sent it in to MS. It was tampered with and not deemed repairable.

I am a little upset but will try the do it yourself repair kit. If it doesnt work I think I'll drop MS altogether and try and get a refund for the two live accounts I purchased.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #11
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

With all the problems the 360s have with reliability when BRAND NEW, there is NO way I'd consider a used one unless it was dirt cheap to the point where I wouldn't be mad if it went down ($50-60).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #12
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tktnuri
I purchased a refurb from an online retailer and although I was meant to believe it was a refurb from MS. It turns out when it got the RROD and I sent it in to MS. It was tampered with and not deemed repairable.

I am a little upset but will try the do it yourself repair kit. If it doesnt work I think I'll drop MS altogether and try and get a refund for the two live accounts I purchased.
How can you blame MS for a used refurbished console you bought dying? My 2nd ps3 died, but it was a cheaper refurb anyways. It sucked, but I got it for the lower price and shrugged off the failure.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #13
DickDalewood

OVR:

Always buy consoles brand new. Always.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Anyone that would buy a refurb'ed Xbox 360 needs their head examined. Seriously.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:32 PM   #15
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Anyone that would buy a refurb'ed Xbox 360 needs their head examined. Seriously.
you can find them for like $60, which makes them quite disposable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #16
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's amazing how people are loyal to the 360 after all the reliability issues. Like the bf/gf that is always cheating but the other person won't leave them. All the while, hoping that the person will eventually change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »