Home

New XMB coming (rumor)

This is a discussion on New XMB coming (rumor) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #17
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: New XMB coming (rumor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_OS
One feature that I REALLY enjoyed with Live is when another friend was playing a sports game, you could see who he was playing/the score/time left/etc...

I'd love that addition to the XMB!
Yup. That and cross game voice chat... sigh.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #18
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Funny thing is I don't think it's that great but it is light years better than going through the PSN's friend list of outdated avatars from 4 years ago though.
That was horrible, lol!

I still think that Sony is stupid because they are not capitalizing on offering more avatars and wallpapers. There is just too much crap in that area for wallpapers/themes............and avatars seem non-existant.

Quote:
One feature that I REALLY enjoyed with Live is when another friend was playing a sports game, you could see who he was playing/the score/time left/etc...

Hopefully they add that with the supposed E3 update coming. Should be interesting to see what they unveil if this is true of a new XMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Yup. That and cross game voice chat... sigh.
Add that too.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #19
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsX8
I just hope they do not go ruining the structure of the XMB, but adding on to it would be a plus.
they could make a more proper "mini" in game XMB though. Just cut it down to the essentials, as some options even require you to quit out of the game to use. I imagine it would help speed it up some too.

I wonder if they're getting some pressure from publishers for the lack of ads. MS can push anything onto 360 users pretty easily.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #20
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:

It's possible now it seems as some other games use it. COD used it on the PS3 by telling you what map/mode your friend was playing. Perhaps it's harder to implement on PSN. Who knows.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:16 PM   #21
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

i wish we would get different type of avators something like xbox live but not identical..... also i would hope like someone mentioned above when someone is playing a game we get to see what they are really doing so we can invite them to our game or challenge them.

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #22
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiko7523
i wish we would get different type of avators something like xbox live but not identical..... also i would hope like someone mentioned above when someone is playing a game we get to see what they are really doing so we can invite them to our game or challenge them.
Avatars like XBL would be cool and even better is to use our avys from Home as a thought. There is a lot that could be done and Sony is missing the boat big time.

Dynamic themes were to be cool and the last few I have bought just sucked. I am done buying these until I can see what they look like.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #23
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsX8
Avatars like XBL would be cool and even better is to use our avys from Home as a thought. There is a lot that could be done and Sony is missing the boat big time.

Dynamic themes were to be cool and the last few I have bought just sucked. I am done buying these until I can see what they look like.
do you really think we will see a new and revamped xmb? theres many rumors going around and i think we will with sony doing a new premium psn plan type thing for more hardcore gamers.

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Old 05-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #24
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiko7523
do you really think we will see a new and revamped xmb? theres many rumors going around and i think we will with sony doing a new premium psn plan type thing for more hardcore gamers.
Not too sure. So many rumors going around, anything is possible. I hope this new premium PSN service is worth it and not some crap for them to make money. I do hope that there are more servers added for one thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »