Home

Video Games aren't interesting to me anymore

This is a discussion on Video Games aren't interesting to me anymore within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #17
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Video Games aren't interesting to me anymore

I do related to the poster, I must stop buying non sports games, because I buy a lot of non sports games and play them one day and that it, or maybe 3 days...LOL

I think I have to stick with only sports for now on and just get over the fact that the non sports games these days do not keep my interest long.

With the exception of only one series, that's Gears of War.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 06-01-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I can get very indecisive some weeks where none of my games interest me. I have a 360, PS3, PSP and a DS and I can't find one game on any of them that will interest me for longer than a few hours.

When I find this happens I usually turn to computer games, I can play a casual game like an RPG (Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins, WoW) and watch TV or listen to music at the same time. I find playing games solely on the consoles is to much for me because it's too quiet or I need something else instead of that one thing trying to keep all of my attention.

I live alone and also go to College out of state but i've learned trying new things and getting out to eat at a restaurant, hitting up a bar for a few hours at night or just chilling with friends for a few days will get me back in the mood to play my favorite video games... or new ones if other people I've met recommend them to me or add me as a friend.

All in all try going out of your comfort zone every now and then. As we get older our taste in things change.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #19
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I do related to the poster, I must stop buying non sports games, because I buy a lot of non sports games and play them one day and that it, or maybe 3 days...LOL

I think I have to stick with only sports for now on and just get over the fact that the non sports games these days do not keep my interest long.

With the exception of only one series, that's Gears of War.
I'm the same way, FF. I really like some of the non-sports games out there but really, there's no point in me buying them b/c I don't play them long enough to get my money's worth. I can just rent those games and finish them off in a week or two and then move on.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 06-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #20
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

i'm pretty much at the same point as the OP, but I'm at that age where other stuff is more important (30). Bought the PS3 two years ago but that was almost exclusively for playing blu rays.

I have no interest in buying another console and paying $60 a game. I won't turn down a free system though.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #21
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah man there are way better things to be doing with your time in college than video games. Games will always be around take advantage of your time in college because to say it mildly life is not quite as fun once college is over. Enjoy your time there, take your classes seriously so you can stay there and have a good lifestyle once you get out, and have fun because you won't have the opportunity ever again. Also, step out of your comfort zone it sounds like that's hard for you to do, as it is for anyone, but you have to take the intative to meet other people and get involved it won't just fall in your lap. Make the most of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »