Home

Can PS3 saves be emailed?

This is a discussion on Can PS3 saves be emailed? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
DickDalewood

OVR:
Can PS3 saves be emailed?

So, my girlfriend forgot to copy her Red Dead saves to her thumb drive before she left this morning... am I able to copy them to my thumb drive and email them to her??

Or is there possibly another way of doing it?

Thanks

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Can PS3 saves be emailed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
So, my girlfriend forgot to copy her Red Dead saves to her thumb drive before she left this morning... am I able to copy them to my thumb drive and email them to her??

Or is there possibly another way of doing it?

Thanks
I used a thumb drive to salvage several gamesaves from my first PS3 when it stopped working, so probably yes.

You'd probably have to add it to a zip file though. It doesn't seem to work with everything, though - for some reason I couldn't copy a Street Fighter IV save to a flash drive. If you can at least get it to the flash drive you'll know it's going to work - it'll say "copying of this file is not allowed" when you try to copy it if it doesn't.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I used a thumb drive to salvage several gamesaves from my first PS3 when it stopped working, so probably yes.

You'd probably have to add it to a zip file though. It doesn't seem to work with everything, though - for some reason I couldn't copy a Street Fighter IV save to a flash drive. If you can at least get it to the flash drive you'll know it's going to work - it'll say "copying of this file is not allowed" when you try to copy it if it doesn't.
Yah, I know it CAN be saved, that's how she was playing here in the first place. She has her own copy of RDR and her own PS3 back at her place, lol.

But i tried copying them and emailing them, then putting them back on the thumb drive and the PS3 was telling my file was corrupt... I'm almost positive I'm just doing something wrong...

Old 06-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Fron the Net:

1 Place a memory stick in one of the USB ports on the front of the PlayStation 3.

2 Go to the "Game Save" menu on the PlayStation 3 main menu and highlight the specific save.

3 Press the triangle button on the game save. Hit "copy" and send it to the memory stick.

4 Remove the memory stick from the PlayStation 3 and place it in the computer.

5 Go to email and select attachment and access the memory stick through that function.

6 The game save will be in a folder on the memory stick titled "PS3."

7 Email the entire "PS3" folder or it will not be accessible on the other end of the email.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
DickDalewood

OVR:

Ok, I'm going to try it...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #6
DickDalewood

OVR:

OK, here's my problem (I'm on a Mac FYI)... It won't let me select the entire PS3 folder when I go to add an attachment. I have to click PS3, then Saved Data, then open each individual folder and select the files out of there.

Old 06-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
OK, here's my problem (I'm on a Mac FYI)... It won't let me select the entire PS3 folder when I go to add an attachment. I have to click PS3, then Saved Data, then open each individual folder and select the files out of there.
That's why I suggested archiving it in a zip file...the email program shouldn't have any gripes about making that into an attatchment.

And about the file format, the folders have to stay in the same structure as when they were copied in order for the other PS3 to read them - I think it goes PS3/Savedata/Game folder (something with BCUS and a really long number)/Actual game files

Edit: I don't know much about file archiving on a Mac though...I'd assume it can do .zips or at least have some kind of comparable filetype.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #8
DickDalewood

OVR:

I think that worked!

I love you guys

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »