Home

So...thoughts on E3 in general?

This is a discussion on So...thoughts on E3 in general? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: So...thoughts on E3 in general?

Pretty boring. Motion gimmicks, sequels, and rehashed nostalgia. Nothing new at all. This generation is starting to feel old.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #10
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

As I said in the other topic...a severe lack of originality or creativity across the board.

So many sequels,reboots etc.

Homefront had a nice trailer but is likely just another war game.

Hunted,Enslaved and Majisomethingorother seem decent ideas overall but all rely on another person or AI partner and we know how that normally turns out. Also my concern for AC Brotherhood so I can't get excited about that.

The only stuff I'm buying for sure is Fable III,GH 6 and RB 3. Possibly Mindjack and AC Brotherhood.

There were a couple of decent looking XBLA games,Comic Jumper and Limbo. Still waiting for Hydrophobia too.

Lost in Shadow for the Wii looks pretty neat.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #11
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
I wasn't too impressed with anything. Gimmicks here, gimmicks there, gimmicks everywhere. Nothing new has been brought to the table. I just don't think I'm the target audience for E3 anymore.
Same here. Nothing really caught my interest.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 03:40 AM   #12
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
E3 isn't just press conferences. Should save general thoughts for after impressions from the floor.
I don't know, the konami press conference was pretty epic, and may never be topped, literally ever.

Lucha Libre guys slap fighting each other and talking crap in spanish, high as hell japense dudes you couldn't understand, Russell Simmons cursing, Oprah clips, a hilariously japanese dancing game, and..

Old 06-17-2010, 04:44 AM   #13
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

E3 was crap and a waste of hype. Didn't like anything about it. Most of the way it was carried we could have got all that info in a magazine...because overall it was super boring.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:15 AM   #14
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Konami conference was amazing.

Last edited by Flawless; 06-17-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:52 AM   #15
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
I wasn't too impressed with anything. Gimmicks here, gimmicks there, gimmicks everywhere. Nothing new has been brought to the table. I just don't think I'm the target audience for E3 anymore.
I agree 100%, the only thing I was impressed by was 360/ESPN integration and Gears of War 3, and the New 360 design of course.

All the motion stuff to me is already old news, I think Sony and MS should have just stayed away. Nintendo will still kick MS and Sony arse all over the place with the Wii when it comes to motion gaming.

MS tried doing there own thing with no controllers but the same idea, Sony couldn't;t think of anything different and just carbon copied the Wii controller and for those who say the Move responds better the the Wii remote are just kidding themselves. From the Presentation of the Move there was a huge delay when the guy was playing tiger woods it was so clear, go watch the video again.

So E3 was pretty crapola this year.

Like otehrs said MS spent way to miuch time on the Kinect, I wanted lots more info on GAMES, GAMES and GAMES, and really gdidnlt get it.

Nintendo with another DS, come on now give me a break with changing the DS every year, now I have to go through the 4th DS because my daughters going to want it for Christmas. I bought her the DS, then she wanted the DS Lite then the DSI then the DS XL and now she want the 3D DS when it sout, shame on you Nintendo for breaking peoples bank and changing the damn DS every dam 10 months.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 06-17-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #16
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I agree 100%, the only thing I was impressed by was 360/ESPN integration and Gears of War 3, and the New 360 design of course.

All the motion stuff to me is already old news, I think Sony and MS should have just stayed away. Nintendo will still kick MS and Sony arse all over the place with the Wii when it comes to motion gaming.

MS tried doing there own thing with no controllers but the same idea, Sony couldn't;t think of anything different and just carbon copied the Wii controller and for those who say the Move responds better the the Wii remote are just kidding themselves. From the Presentation of the Move there was a huge delay when the guy was playing tiger woods it was so clear, go watch the video again.

So E3 was pretty crapola this year.

Like otehrs said MS spent way to miuch time on the Kinect, I wanted lots more info on GAMES, GAMES and GAMES, and really gdidnlt get it.

Nintendo with another DS, come on now give me a break with changing the DS every year, now I have to go through the 4th DS because my daughters going to want it for Christmas. I bought her the DS, then she wanted the DS Lite then the DSI then the DS XL and now she want the 3D DS when it sout, shame on you Nintendo for breaking peoples bank and changing the damn DS every dam 10 months.
FF, you could just tell your daughter 'no' if she asks for another DS. I agree it's annoying and unfair for Nintendo to keep cranking out "new" DS's every 6 months. Just like I can't stand it when Apple does the same thing with its iPods.

At least with game systems you can trade them in towards the purchase of the new system so you aren't shelling out full price. Apple doesn't even offer you that, which is extra lame.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »