Home

Clearing the slate on my PS3

This is a discussion on Clearing the slate on my PS3 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Clearing the slate on my PS3

Hey guys,
I am looking to get my Ps3 ready to sell.. However, I want all the stuff on there clean so no one can get my info on it... I don't have much one there but still.. Could someone help me out??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Clearing the slate on my PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Hey guys,
I am looking to get my Ps3 ready to sell.. However, I want all the stuff on there clean so no one can get my info on it... I don't have much one there but still.. Could someone help me out??
Running the "Restore PS3 System" from Settings/System on the XMB should take care of it....That's essentially a reformat of the entire system and wipes everything.

Make sure you back up whatever you want to keep though, because there's no getting it back after you run it....
Old 07-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Running the "Restore PS3 System" from Settings/System on the XMB should take care of it....That's essentially a reformat of the entire system and wipes everything.

Make sure you back up whatever you want to keep though, because there's no getting it back after you run it....
...it takes a long time as well. Especially if you do the FULL system restore. When I sold my launch fatty, I just deleted everything and did a PARTIAL restore.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Deactivate your account on your PS3 and delete all usernames as well. These are all pretty important safety precautions.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »