Home

360 with out blu-ray?

This is a discussion on 360 with out blu-ray? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Rookie

Napstar22's Arena

OVR: 5
360 with out blu-ray?

Can the 360 survive the rest of this generation Assuming it goes 3 more years without blu-ray? And do you think a sports game would benefit from the space on a blu-ray? Thanks for your opinions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 360 with out blu-ray?

1. Absolutely. There is really no reason to make one with Bluray now that you have so many without, it would never be utilized.

2. Could it benefit? Sure, but not to a huge degree and the benefit would likely be purely in presentation.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Napstar22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns11
1. Absolutely. There is really no reason to make one with Bluray now that you have so many without, it would never be utilized.

2. Could it benefit? Sure, but not to a huge degree and the benefit would likely be purely in presentation.
My only concern is that the developers may be getting frustrated with the limited space on a DVD. Just my opinon not fact.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Yes the 360 will survive without bluray. Even if MS did add bluray support now, it would only realistically be in the form of an addon drive to play movies. That's something MS is more interested pushing through Live now.

While including bluray in the ps3 helped Sony with that format war, it's quite easy to argue that there isn't one relevant reason why it is needed for gaming this gen.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Napstar22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
Yes the 360 will survive without bluray. Even if MS did add bluray support now, it would only realistically be in the form of an addon drive to play movies. That's something MS is more interested pushing through Live now.

While including blu-ray in the PS3 helped Sony with that format war, it's quite easy to argue that there isn't one relevant reason why it is needed for gaming this gen.
I think it is needed for space so they could put games on 1 disc instead of 3 like final fantasy .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napstar22
I think it is needed for space so they could put games on 1 disc instead of 3 like final fantasy .
Honestly, who cares? If the game is as good as some FFs are, they will put in 2-4 discs.

Blu-ray is great and all, but MS is not going to put Sony's Blu-ray drive in its system pretty much right after it competed with Sony (HD-DVD). The effect for sports games, I believe, would be negligible.

The roadblock for sports games is NOT space. It is time. Games like Gears of War and Halo routinely have ~2-3 years between games.

Madden gets one. Can you see why Halo makes giant leaps between versions, and Madden takes small steps?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »