Home

PS3 or 360

This is a discussion on PS3 or 360 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: PS3 or 360

I have both, but in my opinion the 360 is better. I just think the graphics pop more. I can't explain it, but to me it just looks better and I swear the games run smoother. It could be in my mind, but to me it really does look better and play better.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #10
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

Get both if you can,

XBOX360 - has a better online exp/community its more active , has good exclusives and i like the controller better. a lot of the games are also on 1080 which is a plus which like people say is "sharper"

PS3- has free online (still lacks behind the xbl exp) if you dont want anything extra , Great exclusives , a amazing blu ray player. a lot of companies tho are starting to use the PS3 as the lead platform ( Medal of Honor , Crysis 2, and others will be using PS3 as the leading platform so that "sharper" thing might be going to the ps3 side.

both are great consoles and have good exclusives it will be a 600 + tax well spent

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Old 07-25-2010, 11:29 PM   #11
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24

Im trading my 360 in on friday. Get a ps3!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #12
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
It would be worth it for games if they made more games on bluray, and didnt just transfer it over. And movies, your absouletly right.
Yeah but they don't so.... It's not worth it for games on Bluray since they are the same...
The main reason I am skeptic about bluray being a great thing for games etc... is I'd bet less than 20 % of games made today that even fill the DVD. About the only ones would be the multi disk games. So just because the space would be there doesn't mean it will get used.
Hoepfully one day though..

In any case to the OP, if you can get both get both if not a 360 would be my choice right now. I couldn't see myself as a PS3 only person. No way.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan7
Not trying to start a console war but I getting an HDTV 1080p 46" soon. I have a 360, is it worth getting a PS3 for the games being on blueray and for the blueray player. I was thinking about trading the 360 for a PS3, I don't know what to do, keep the 360 or trade it?
I have both and here's what I like and dislike about both:

PS3
PROS - Bluray, built-in WiFi, free online service (for now).
CONS - graphics aren't as good in comparison to some 360 titles, less exclusives as 360, PSN isn't as good as XBL.

PROS - Better exclusives, better graphics, XBL rocks, easier streaming, better controller, more friends own Xbox than PS3.
CONS - No blu-ray, no free WiFi, $$$ for XBL.

I basically only use my PS3 as a blu-ray player. I can't remember the last time I played a game on it.

It's an expensive choice to own both and I should probably just suck it up and sell the 360 and make the PS3 my gaming console.
But the 360 has too many exclusives I love (Mass Effect, Gears of War) and I enjoy the XBL experience and the upgrade in graphics too much.

If that doesn't matter to you, then by all means, go for the PS3 and ditch the 360.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:13 PM   #14
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30

agree with all of this ,but to have 2 systems which i have had for past 5 years,and have gone thru 3 360;s enough was enough...ps3 for me .if the new 360 gets rave reviews in a year from now then i am back in
Old 07-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #15
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghm125
agree with all of this ,but to have 2 systems which i have had for past 5 years,and have gone thru 3 360;s enough was enough...ps3 for me .if the new 360 gets rave reviews in a year from now then i am back in
I'm even across the board.
1 360 death
1 Wii death
and
1 PS3 death

Not bad...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #16
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

I've gone back and forth on owning each one plenty of times. I've even had them both at once, but that was too much for me really.

It's 2010, both consoles have compelling reasons to be owned by now. It just depends on what kinds of games and franchises you like. Most of the major titles each year are multiplatform anyways.

After my ps3 died, I just decided to stick with the 360, until this one dies as well. Most of my friends are 360 only players, so that had a large hand in it for me, even more than Live, exclusives, etc.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »