Home

MS changes the price of XBL Gold

This is a discussion on MS changes the price of XBL Gold within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2010, 07:12 PM   #41
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: MS changes the price of XBL Gold

I'm distraught by the thought of losing that $0.83 I had been planning to set aside for my future kid's college fund each month.

So much for that, little Billy... Microsoft had to go and ruin your future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #42
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Personally I think the outrage should be toward developers charging $59.99 for games that are clearly below standard titles.
I feel no sympathy for anyone who buys a crappy game for $59.99. The Internet was invented for the sole reason to find out what video games are good, everything else was a happy accident.

I research just about everything I buy, Those who dont deserve to pay $59.99 for a crappy game.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:07 PM   #43
Rookie

more cowbell's Arena

OVR: 1

M$ could jack the price up to $75+ per year for XBL and people would still pay the fee. we should be lucky the price only went up to what it did!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:16 PM   #44
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Couple of Questions??
1. How long are the Gold cards good for if you buy them tomorrow?? I just bought one a week ago.. So If I buy another now, Will it still be good next year?

2. When is Espn and Hulu coming out?

Price increase isn't a huge deal but it's still a increase.... Anyways, I look at it as a cost of a game every year... I only buy a couple anyways..
Old 08-30-2010, 09:58 PM   #45
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

I know it's not that big of an increase, but it certainly makes the free PSN service look a little better in comparison. Money is a little tighter for me than it used to be, so it's nice to not be paying an extra 60 bucks a year just to play my video games(which cost enough by themselves) online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 10:06 PM   #46
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

I have the Kinects bundle pre-ordered for 11/4. Could I buy a Xbox Live 12 month card now and apply it when I get my system?
Old 08-31-2010, 01:47 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 10

Xbox live has been around for like 8 years (not sure about that) now. They have never raised the price. They have added a ton of features and functionality over the years, especially recently. Of course I would rather the price stayed the same, but its 84 cents more a month, and there are some cool new features coming to Xbox live in the near future (ESPN, Kinect functionality).

Not really a big deal IMO.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:25 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

You've gotta be kidding me. What a damn joke. As if it wasn't BS enough that we're paying $59.99 for 12 months of Live when PS3 owners get their online free, now they're going to raise it?

I know for some of you that always renew yours and use credit cards, this isn't that big of a deal but for people like me that have to go out and buy the cards, this is way overdoing it. I know one things pretty much certain, and that is that once I get the chance, I'm jumping on the PS3 wagon. Not everyone has money to toss around.

For people like me, it's hard to justify paying full price for games, now they want to make Live more expensive than it already is -- and for what, exactly? Updates that probably don't even work in Canada, like Hulu for example.

Whatever. I'll get over it, I just think it's bull****.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »