Home

Playstation Move

This is a discussion on Playstation Move within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #17
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Playstation Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
This is hilarious:

LMAO...Ill buy that
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #18
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
This is hilarious:

the new commerical is funny ... i wish i could meet kevin butler i wonder how he is in real life.

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Old 09-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #19
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

When used properly with a FPS, the Move could be awesome, and much more than just a kids device. Any of you ever play Metroid Prime 3 on Wii with the Advance control setting? The precision and control is amazing. AND, you can still chill on the couch with your feet kicked up
Old 09-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #20
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiko7523
i think it will sell units.... i just dont know if it has lasting power tho... people who buy the ps3 and the xbox360 buy them to sit on a chair/bed play the game multiplayer or single player not to be interactive jumping around and waving the arms..... only game that interests me on the move is that fighting game looks kind of cool and i think socom and killzone could be intriguing with the move gun.
it's called light's out and I want it. Msoft is making something similar with kicking though too.

I'm not as agaisnt it as many of you. I'm a hardcore gamer, but I would enjoy doing this from time to time. Sometimes I know that if I sit/lay down my eyes will close after a long day - so I'd like to punch computer faces...in the face! I also like variety sports like javelin, 100m, long jump and so on.

It's a welcome addition, not something that will become dominant for me, but a good alternative and new experience.

Now, my problem is lighting. I have basement w/ very few small windows, which I guess is good, but all 40 watt type bulbs. My face in RB6V was pretty much orange lol. I have serious doubs either would work well with my setup. 399 deal is good though.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57

Quote:
the new commerical is funny ... i wish i could meet kevin butler i wonder how he is in real life.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #22
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

This is a good review and most in-depth.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/gam...view?artc_pg=1

Quote:
That said, we found that we started to feel the effects of prolonged use faster with Move, and we think it's to do with the shape. The tapered middle means you're often gripping harder than you would have to with the Wii's controller, especially when playing something with hard swings, like Table Tennis on Sports Champions. Discomfort in the wrist crept in earlier than it did during an equivalent session of Wii Sports Resort.

Let's be clear, though: We're not saying Move is painful, uncomfortable, bad for you, or anything like that (assuming you have no joint problems to begin with). After all, we were playing for quite long periods during our review time, though not unusually long for a committed gamer.

We're not even saying it's definitely less comfortable than the Wii remote – as we said, it's actually a bit nicer just to hold – but we do think that the shape isn't ideal for long periods of the more wrist-bending games.
Quote:
The controller's ball certainly seems to offer an accuracy of pointer movement that goes beyond what the Wii remote is capable of. The idea that it could be as accurate as a mouse is probably a bit ambitious, but it's good enough that we could see it giving real-time strategy games, and a few other genres that do better on PCs, a new lease of life on consoles.
Quote:
While one of the criticisms of Kinect that's going around is the space needed to use it, this is actually also an occasional problem for Move. Sports Champions demands that you stand eight feet (2.5 meters) away from your TV, and then it still expects you to be able to step backwards, and swing your arms all around.
Quote:
The biggest takeaway from our time with Move is its incredible accuracy. Augmented reality instruments move perfectly with the controller, Frisbees fly with the gentle curve you give them and you can select things with superb precision.

As we said, the controller is comfortable, but not for really long sessions of hard-swinging games. The glowing ball is undoubtedly ridiculous, but is the price you pay for accuracy. You'll get used to having it there, even if anyone who sees it for the first time will raise an eyebrow.

Move has advantages and disadvantages over the Wii remote. The orb enables a higher level of accuracy than the Wii can manage even with MotionPlus in some cases, but also seems to occasionally restrict Sony's controller.

Being able to operate only within strict confines of the camera is fine for one or two people, but when there are more of you, it's handy not to have to worry about such things. We suspect future game programmers can avoid an over-reliance on the camera (and the plethora of motion sensors should be able to compensate for this).

Similarly, while the accurate detection of depth that Move has is fantastic for some games, the inconsistency of sitting four feet away for Start the Party! and standing eight feet away for Sports Champions is irritating.

In fact, our single biggest concern is the space required to really go at the games. It won't be an issue for games like MAG and SOCOM, but it could be the difference between whether this or a Wii is more appropriate for your space.

Somewhere, in the gap between the Wii remote with MotionPlus and Move, is an ideal motion controller. But what we have is mightily impressive, even with its flaws. It's not a revolution of motion control, but a refocus from being unassuming and family-friendly to being all about precision and adding options.

However, it's not cheap. The starter pack containing one Move controller and the PlayStation Eye camera is £49.99. We think Sony would have been wise to include a game with that – Wii Play made buying a second controller far more palatable for millions of Wii owners.

At £35 each, the controllers alone aren't that expensive, but they're all /extra/ cost on top of what you've got already.

As a piece of technology, we heartily recommend Move to PlayStation 3 owners. The motion gaming bandwagon is growing and growing, and isn't going to disappear any time soon. Move won't be for everyone, if only because of its steep price as an optional extra, but those that do invest will find an excellent piece of gaming technology.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:50 AM   #23
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

thats a good review if it is as accurate as they say it is... it could get great for fps games... also great for making better games in the future....

i still wont probably buy it but i am curious for launch sale #'s

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Old 09-17-2010, 01:13 AM   #24
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
thats a good review if it is as accurate as they say it is... it could get great for fps games... also great for making better games in the future....

i still wont probably buy it but i am curious for launch sale #'s
I honestly don't think the launch numbers will tell the story on this. I'm personally waiting for Socom 4 and Killzone 3 to pick this up, and I know quite a few other people that are interested but waiting as well. Right now, there isn't any software that interests me... but there definitely is down the road.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »