Home

PS3 blinking red light

This is a discussion on PS3 blinking red light within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #9
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: PS3 blinking red light

When your ps3 dies from overheating problems, they can be repaired by adding more thermal paste, but it will happend again its just a matter of time, when it overheats, its also cracking the motherboard so it will work for a while but you'll be guaranteed to have it happend again. Best thing to do is get it back from the guy once its fixed, back up all your files, then sell it and get a slim.
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 10-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty199127
When your ps3 dies from overheating problems, they can be repaired by adding more thermal paste, but it will happend again its just a matter of time, when it overheats, its also cracking the motherboard so it will work for a while but you'll be guaranteed to have it happend again. Best thing to do is get it back from the guy once its fixed, back up all your files, then sell it and get a slim.

What Shorty says is great advice and Sony wont admit the problem with the Soder overheating as I had the same problem and even if you dont play it alot or turn it off after a few games and limit Bluray user its gonna break again .
It cost me $60 but it died 2 months later but my repair guy is gonna fix it again for free .
So I bought a new slim today 120 gb and got a free giftcard and 10% off not a bad deal plus the box had 2 controllers

PS OP : if you ever get a game stuck in the fat ps3 , turn it off from the back wait a few mintues and then at the same time hold the eject button and switch it back on and it will pop out , 100% guranteed as I had to do it 3 times
Old 10-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #11
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
What Shorty says is great advice and Sony wont admit the problem with the Soder overheating as I had the same problem and even if you dont play it alot or turn it off after a few games and limit Bluray user its gonna break again .
It cost me $60 but it died 2 months later but my repair guy is gonna fix it again for free .
So I bought a new slim today 120 gb and got a free giftcard and 10% off not a bad deal plus the box had 2 controllers

PS OP : if you ever get a game stuck in the fat ps3 , turn it off from the back wait a few mintues and then at the same time hold the eject button and switch it back on and it will pop out , 100% guranteed as I had to do it 3 times
Yup the fan test, thats how I got my modern warfare 2 out of my 40gb ps3
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Yep like a hair dryer on high lol .
Question so why do they still break down after repair as the guy used they best stuff , heavy duty I saw him do it ?
I mean I got a refurb from sony and it lasted for almost a year what did they do different and I hope they improved it for the slim ? But Sony makes alot of extra money on repairs , you know not enough breaking for a recall but just enough to bleed us .
Old 10-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #13
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

Quote:
Yep like a hair dryer on high lol .
Question so why do they still break down after repair as the guy used they best stuff , heavy duty I saw him do it ?
I mean I got a refurb from sony and it lasted for almost a year what did they do different and I hope they improved it for the slim ? But Sony makes alot of extra money on repairs , you know not enough breaking for a recall but just enough to bleed us .
Over heating will cause the motherboard to get fried and crack, then low or no thermal paste at all will cause it not to work, replacing the paste will get it too work but it will break down again because the damage has already been done with the motherboard cracking in the beginning
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 10-09-2010, 12:05 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

this generation of consoles just weren't well thought out. It's sad that they can sell all these units and and they overheat/malfunction, make diiference variations (different version of PS3 and Elite Xboxs and such) or completely redesign them and they still sell them like hot cakes. I've had 3 bad Xbox's and two bad PS3s and I heard the new one aren't much better.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #15
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

Quote:
that doesnt work on the 60gb machines.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Got the YLoD this weekend.
So if I send this POS to a local repair guy, will a place like EBGames know that it was worked on? I'd love to be able to trade it in and get some credit for it.

Sony wants to ignore this problem completely. I can say this with 100% honesty in that it hasn't been used to play a game in over 6 months. I've only used it as a BR player.

If I can't get any value back for this, I refuse to pay the $168.37 Sony wants to charge to fix it. I'll buy a cheap $100 BR player and throw this thing into the river.
With the few games I do have, and the 2 extra controllers, I bet I could get $50 to put towards a standalone BR player.

Sony will never get another nickel out of me or my family.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »