Home

Sony PSVITA Discussion

This is a discussion on Sony PSVITA Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #7409
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Sony PSVITA Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Who's still using their Vita in 2019? Any specific plans for the system?

I'm determined to finish my Orioles season in MLB 14. We're 2 games out of the second Wild Card with 12 games to go. I'll play MLB 15 on occasion, and also go all the way back to MLB 12 for some classic rosters.

I need to finally play Tearaway, a game I've owned for several years, but just never got around to checking out. I also have MGS 2 on the MGS HD Collection to replay, Soul Sacrifice and a few other games. I also want to revisit Uncharted and Gravity Rush.
It remains my primary gaming platform. I still play my PS4 some, but the majority of my gaming is the Vita. Mostly Madden 13, MLB 15 and Need for Speed Most Wanted. I had great hopes for the Nintendo Switch, but no baseball, football or hockey games. I plan to ride it out until there is another platform that works better for me (and, given the growth of mobile phone gaming, the idea of a dedicated mobile gaming platform is probably dead).
Old 01-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #7410
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Who's still using their Vita in 2019? Any specific plans for the system?

I'm determined to finish my Orioles season in MLB 14. We're 2 games out of the second Wild Card with 12 games to go. I'll play MLB 15 on occasion, and also go all the way back to MLB 12 for some classic rosters.

I need to finally play Tearaway, a game I've owned for several years, but just never got around to checking out. I also have MGS 2 on the MGS HD Collection to replay, Soul Sacrifice and a few other games. I also want to revisit Uncharted and Gravity Rush.
I highly recommend Pro Yakyuu Spirits for the Vita. It's an 1:1 port of the PS3 version and it looks amazing on Vita. The Show looks like a blurry mess in comparison.

A physical copy of PSY 15 is ridiculously expensive at this point though. Expect to pay more than $100.

A new version is coming soon though! Hopefully it will be out sometime in March or April.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:44 PM   #7411
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I mostly use it for PS4 Remote Play, Zen Pinball, and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

I would gladly get a Power Pros or PYS game on that if they had translations, more so the former as it really seems to fit right with that system.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2019, 11:53 AM   #7412
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I would gladly get a Power Pros or PYS game on that if they had translations, more so the former as it really seems to fit right with that system.
Man, I would love PYS if it had an English version. I tried it out, but just could not deal with the language barrier.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:26 AM   #7413
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

I have this game on my Vita and it’s pretty nice. I can deal with the commentary being in a different language, it just adds some extra flavor too it. I guess the commentary never gets old cause I don’t understand what they say anyway.

Now the menus are a dirrerent story. I was on a site that translated the menus for you, which made setting up a game more tolerable.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 01-14-2019, 12:17 PM   #7414
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I have PYS 2013 for PS3, and used the same site. It just didn't work enough for something like a franchise mode, though. There are far too many menus and scenarios.

That game also irked me a bit because you couldn't adjust separate audio settings, and sound effects were just jacked up way too high for my liking; they of course address this the very next year with separate sliders. But you're right with the commentary, I love the sound of it even though I don't know what they're saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFKTOWxxNUg

Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-14-2019, 02:15 PM   #7415
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Wow! I never played the PS3 version, but that video looked good. I still have a PS3 and wouldn’t mind playing it. I guess I’ll have to get the Vita back out.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2019, 05:01 PM   #7416
Rookie

ThrowBack's Arena

OVR: 2

Pretty crazy how the PSY Vita version has individual team uniforms for the allstar game. Western sports game devs claim it's not possible, even on PS4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »