Home

Sony PSVITA Discussion

This is a discussion on Sony PSVITA Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2019, 02:31 PM   #7425
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Sony PSVITA Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Have you tried the direct connect feature?
Sadly I have to ask - what is direct connect? I am a bit lacking in my tech savvy . . .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2019, 04:14 PM   #7426
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Sadly I have to ask - what is direct connect? I am a bit lacking in my tech savvy . . .
it is a setting on the ps4. It makes the ps4 emit a wifi signal that the vita can connect to, to directly connect to the ps4 rather than through your router/local network. It doesn't have great range, but if relatively close it has a pretty solid connection with very few issues.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:12 PM   #7427
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
it is a setting on the ps4. It makes the ps4 emit a wifi signal that the vita can connect to, to directly connect to the ps4 rather than through your router/local network. It doesn't have great range, but if relatively close it has a pretty solid connection with very few issues.
I was not even aware this existed. I will try it, thanks!
Old 02-25-2019, 10:03 PM   #7428
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

OVR: 0

I finally was able to get setup at home with an Ethernet wired connection and now I'm able to play remotely when I'm out of town. Connection is great, maybe once per game it gets choppy for a minute. When I feel it start I just pause for a couple minutes until it clears up. This is literally the best thing to ever happen to gaming lol, I can play my ps4 anywhere on the go. I'm a Fifa nut and I'm already used to the l2 and r2 triggers being on the back touch screen, not too bad at all.

Edit: the connection at home is soooo much worse than it is away from home for whatever reason. But I'm okay with that as I only need it when I'm out of town.

Last edited by JakeReaves; 02-25-2019 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:25 PM   #7429
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Glad it worked out, man!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-28-2019, 08:35 AM   #7430
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

That’s great news. Such a waste of hardware here. Sony could have done so many good things with the Vita. Still play it from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 03-02-2019, 07:59 PM   #7431
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Final Vita SKUs officially discontinued.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/02/...inues-ps-vita/

Timing seems ironic, with the popularity of the Switch and MS expanding to what seems like most popular devices with a screen including mobile, Sony is the one without a mobile solution.

Wish they would have made more of an effort after the PS4 launch to position the Vita as a better companion device. Instead they maintained the proprietary memory that weighed on any potential success like an anchor and got lackluster returns and participation with their own attempts at cross-buy/cross-play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2019, 08:04 PM   #7432
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Who knows that they'll be doing for PS5, though. I really hope they continue the trend of Remote Play functionality, even if it's in the way that the Switch does it.

What a brilliant piece of hardware, shafted in just so many different ways. I have not enjoyed a single handheld device before this one, and now that it comes out it ends up being a dud in the U.S.? For shame.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »