Home

Kinect Reviews

This is a discussion on Kinect Reviews within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2010, 03:42 AM   #57
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Kinect Reviews

Got mine configured.. Loving the voice navigation and face recognition works great. I also got the family pack thing to get the old lady set up on Netflx

Haters keep hating!!!! Oh, and I wrote this on my Ipad double hate in the hizzy
Old 11-05-2010, 04:16 AM   #58
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
I would probably bite if this was $99 after watching the Giant Bomb live stream today. Dance Central and Your Shape look like the clear winners. Kinect Sports looks okay with Bowling and Track and Field standing out, but the others sports didn't look so great. Most of the 3rd party stuff looks really bad, like Wii launch software bad.
Yeah, I gotta admit that I want it for the voice/hand commands, but there's not a game that's "must have" for me right now...I so want to make a purchase, but they didn't hook me enough...
Old 11-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #59
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless
I would probably bite if this was $99 after watching the Giant Bomb live stream today. Dance Central and Your Shape look like the clear winners. Kinect Sports looks okay with Bowling and Track and Field standing out, but the others sports didn't look so great. Most of the 3rd party stuff looks really bad, like Wii launch software bad.
Dance Central is incredible. Harmonix hit this out of the park. I guess I expected DDR in a way. LOL I did Poker Face and it was pretty straight forward, so then I tried Crank That by Souja Boy, and it's the actual dance. Yeah, I had no prayer. Luckily there is a mode that slows it down for you to learn it.

So basically, every song on the disc has a different dance to it, which is VERY impressive.

Kinect Sports is awesome, I LOVE the bowling. Boxing wore me out. But volleyball is the winner here, trust me on that. Just the only downside, that one needs a lot of room, you literally are running all over your room to hit the ball.

My wife did Yourself Fitness and wow. It's easily the most impressive game to show off the technology, but I can see her getting frustrated with it as it's almost too strict.

My 2 year old son can do most of this stuff. I can tell you how much he loves this. His favorites are easily Kinectimals and Dance Central, just loves the dancing. It's quite fun playing with him and these games.

Anyone else have any questions, feel free to ask.

Oh yeah, George I sit about 8 feet away from my TV, but I have about 7 to 12 feet of room to do Kinect. I do have 2 videos from last night that the game recorded and are on KinectShare.com that I would post here, but don't feel like being THAT embarrassed. LOL Luckily Dance Central doesn't upload it just stores them on the game, as THOSE are embarrassing. My wife laughed for 10 minutes about my Poke Face video.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 11-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #60
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Dance Central is incredible. Harmonix hit this out of the park. I guess I expected DDR in a way. LOL I did Poker Face and it was pretty straight forward, so then I tried Crank That by Souja Boy, and it's the actual dance. Yeah, I had no prayer. Luckily there is a mode that slows it down for you to learn it.

So basically, every song on the disc has a different dance to it, which is VERY impressive.

Kinect Sports is awesome, I LOVE the bowling. Boxing wore me out. But volleyball is the winner here, trust me on that. Just the only downside, that one needs a lot of room, you literally are running all over your room to hit the ball.

My wife did Yourself Fitness and wow. It's easily the most impressive game to show off the technology, but I can see her getting frustrated with it as it's almost too strict.

My 2 year old son can do most of this stuff. I can tell you how much he loves this. His favorites are easily Kinectimals and Dance Central, just loves the dancing. It's quite fun playing with him and these games.

Anyone else have any questions, feel free to ask.

Oh yeah, George I sit about 8 feet away from my TV, but I have about 7 to 12 feet of room to do Kinect. I do have 2 videos from last night that the game recorded and are on KinectShare.com that I would post here, but don't feel like being THAT embarrassed. LOL Luckily Dance Central doesn't upload it just stores them on the game, as THOSE are embarrassing. My wife laughed for 10 minutes about my Poke Face video.
Thanks Scott for the info. I also have a couch to the left of me, which I can't move so that totally limits being able to move from left to right. I'll stick with Move for now and wait to see how things transpire with Kinect. Move hasn't impressed me much from a software standpoint.....but the hardware is incredible and really puts the Wii to shame imo with the tracking. I guess all 3 companies offer a unique enough experience across the board, but I can see where if someone doesn't care for the Nintendo exclusives ditching the Wii in a heartbeat for either Move or Kinect makes a ton of sense.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #61
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Not sure why I'm posting this..LOL

Don't mind the clutter behind me with my kids toys, that's my family room, it's 18X25 and the TV is in the back right corner. I'm about 7 feet away in this video, but could easily move back more if I needed to, but as you can see I don't. The camera lenses does kinda give a fishbowl look to the video though, as the room is much bigger than it looks here. Just to give you an idea on spacing.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #62
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Not sure why I'm posting this..LOL

Don't mind the clutter behind me with my kids toys, that's my family room, it's 18X25 and the TV is in the back right corner. I'm about 7 feet away in this video, but could easily move back more if I needed to, but as you can see I don't. The camera lenses does kinda give a fishbowl look to the video though, as the room is much bigger than it looks here. Just to give you an idea on spacing.

Video Unavailable

This video either has been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 11-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #63
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Video Unavailable

This video either has been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.
Ahh, didn't think about that, probably due to privacy settings. LOL

Well, if you're my facebook friend it's in my feed (as I'm getting made fun of left and right for it right now LOL).

Sorry, I tried.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 11-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57

YouTube it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »