Home

Xbox 3 (720) / PS4

This is a discussion on Xbox 3 (720) / PS4 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Xbox 3 (720) / PS4

Does anyone think there is any chance that EAsports developers are already working on the development of the new games set to come out probably in 2013? I've read that the release of the new systems may show up in late 2012.

I've owned EAsports football titles in the past but decided to sit this year out with both Madden and NCAAfootball.

Will they change up the engine/engines for the new systems or do you guys think they will just port over codes much as they did from the Xbox/Xbox 360 and PS2/PS3?

I think it would make sense to be working on completely new ways of making this game look and play.

If they were doing that one would think they'd be working on different game engines as we speak. Maybe I'm completely wrong as I don't understand video game developing.

Is it impossible to be working on this game for new game systems without the game systems being present?

I've read in other threads that the reason Madden ported over codes from the PS2 and Xbox was so that they wouldn't lose a year of development. Maybe it's just easier and more cost efficient. If so would they do the same thing from the PS3 to the PS4 likewise with the new Xbox game system?

Sorry if this has been discussed already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Xbox 3 (720) / PS4

It's not impossible. The guys that make Motorstorm have been working for next gen for years I believe.

I sure hope the PS4 isn't coming out so soon, though. I really don't think anyone is ready for it.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-09-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Didn't Sony and Microsoft sign an agreement saying they wouldn't make a system for 7 years? Or did I imagine that.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFL2102
Didn't Sony and Microsoft sign an agreement saying they wouldn't make a system for 7 years? Or did I imagine that.
Dont know if it was an agreement, but I read that in an article no more than about a year ago....maybe E3??
Old 01-10-2011, 03:21 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I cant quote it, but I just read an article stating that this generation of consoles are going to have a longer shelf life than previous consoles. I highly doubt a new system is on the horizon any time soon.

I would say we're looking at another 4 years at a minimum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2011, 04:02 AM   #6
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

I sure hope the PS4 isn't coming out so soon, though. I really don't think anyone is ready for it.
I know for myself Blzer, I'm sure in no hurry either to spend the big $ on a new gen system anytime soon.

Maybe I'm completely wrong but...it just kinda seems like there's still plenty of refinements that can be accomplished with the current gen consoles. To further develop at least many of the sports games anyway. Seems that some of the sport games are just now hitting their stride. While a few others aren't quite there yet.

I like to think I've learned my lesson about running out to drop the cash on a new gen system asap. In order to play the newest sport games. Speaking plainly...I'll be in no hurry next time to spend fairly big money on the next new consoles, to play pretty crappy sports games while the game developers go through the growing pains again. I'm planning to be far more patient next time around.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:56 AM   #7
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It's not impossible. The guys that make Motorstorm have been working for next gen for years I believe.

i hope not. with games like uncharted and killzone 3, it's not like i'm hurting for a graphics upgrade. not to mention that the first and sometimes second round of next gen games is usually pretty lame. these systems are just hitting their prime with even more great games on the horizon. no need for an upgrade, imo.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

They a good ways off from the next generation of consoles. Reason being this generation of consoles is so damn powerful, they haven't even maxed out yet. You only push for new hardware when you max out the old and can't do anything because of limitations of the hardware.

Currently they aren't at that point yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »