Home

Activision targets EA in updated lawsuit

This is a discussion on Activision targets EA in updated lawsuit within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57
Activision targets EA in updated lawsuit

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/mo...26142018906090

Quote:
Activision's legal action against former Infinity Ward heads Vince Zampella and Jason West has gained further weight, with Electronic Arts officially added to the list of defendants in the $400m cross-complaint. The accusations against the Redwood software behemoth include a protracted campaign to lure Zampella and West away from their contractual commitments to Activision.
Quote:
Back-room power struggles are all very interesting – it's like a real-life Social Network or something! – but at the level of the folks holding controllers (that'd be you), what impact might such machinations have? Activision alleges that EA planned to feed off Zampella/West's CoD experience for the re-launched Medal of Honor series. They also accuse EA of attempting to delay the release of the Modern Warfare 2 Map Pack until after the release of Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Activision submitted an email from EA DICE's Lincoln Hershberger stating, “I asked Vince [Zampella] to hold back their map pack until after we launched (he owes me one). Given that they've already made a billion, he was cool with that.” EA argue that this email was intended in jest. Both products were launched in March 2010 – Bad Company beating MW2's map pack out the gate by three weeks.

The case goes to court on May 23.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Activision targets EA in updated lawsuit

I hope they sue each other into new IPs and innovation, although EA has been more focused on that lately comparatively.

"When billions are not enough, we want 400 million more!"
Old 01-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I hope they sue each other into new IPs and innovation, although EA has been more focused on that lately comparatively.

"When billions are not enough, we want 400 million more!"
Yeah, they've tried at least with game's like Mirror's edge and what not, I don't remember much from Activision besides whatever Blizzard is making that year, Guitar Hero, and CoD really.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

I feel a bit sorry for EA for some strange reason. Maybe I'm going soft. I'm starting to really dislike Activision. As much money as their cash cow merger is making, they want to ruin other people in the business. One thing I do want to point out is that the little harmless delay of the map packs will definitely look bad on EA's part in defense.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #5
Banned

Bondgirl0072's Arena

OVR: 11

You have got to be kidding me. I have a feeling that this case is going to get ugly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

You have to know, as a Juror, that email was in jest, unless they have proof that there was some collusion before the fact.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #7
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
I feel a bit sorry for EA for some strange reason. Maybe I'm going soft. I'm starting to really dislike Activision. As much money as their cash cow merger is making, they want to ruin other people in the business. One thing I do want to point out is that the little harmless delay of the map packs will definitely look bad on EA's part in defense.
Well you know what they say, the grass is never greener... so the new giant is showing that as we can see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »