Home

MS labels Autistic child "Cheater" erases his gamerscore

This is a discussion on MS labels Autistic child "Cheater" erases his gamerscore within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: MS labels Autistic child "Cheater" erases his gamerscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
Umm no. Truth? Truth? The truth is this is an autistic child. There are issues at work here that some are ignorant of. It's one thing to say there needs to be consequences for his behavior and another to be calling his mother an attention whore and reducing this kid to just a stinking cheater. It is hard to discuss things with the ignorant.

I stopped caring after you said you have an agenda with MS and your kid is autistic.

Feel bad for your kid because no kid should have to suffer through anything but this is more of your agenda with MS then anything else.

You are just trying to justify your rant on MS by saying they scorned the kid.

MS had no idea he is an autistic child. Cheaters are cheaters and is not MS job to find which are autistic and which are not.

If they go out of their way to find out if the kid is autistic then give back the points. What is to say another kid claims to have autisim or another situation that they cry should give them the chance to get their hacked points back

this would be opening a pandoras box if you ask me.

But then again your hatred towards MS kind of makes this a non issue and more of a dig at MS because they sold you a broken 360

I bet if this was trophies issue on Sony, you would not be so bent out of shape

Last edited by Giants4Natic; 01-28-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #26
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
I stopped caring after you said you have an agenda with MS and your kid is autistic.

Feel bad for your kid because no kid should have to suffer through anything but this is more of your agenda with MS then anything else.

You are just trying to justify your rant on MS by saying they scorned the kid.

MS had no idea he is an autistic child. Cheaters are cheaters and is not MS job to find which are autistic and which are not.

If they go out of their way to find out if the kid is autistic then give back the points. What is to say another kid claims to have autisim or another situation that they cry should give them the chance to get their hacked points back

this would be opening a pandoras box if you ask me.

But then again your hatred towards MS kind of makes this a non issue and more of a dig at MS because they sold you a broken 360

I bet if this was trophies issue on Sony, you would not be so bent out of shape

/thread
Old 01-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #27
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Umm no. Truth? Truth? The truth is this is an autistic child. There are issues at work here that some are ignorant of. It's one thing to say there needs to be consequences for his behavior and another to be calling his mother an attention whore and reducing this kid to just a stinking cheater. It is hard to discuss things with the ignorant.
The truth is that the kid having autism doesn't excuse his cheating, the mother lying to get attention, or anyone blowing this out of proportion when kids get banned from xbox live all the time.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 01-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #28
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I know quite a bit about autism and autistic kids, I work with them every week through the special olympics, and the kid is still a cheater and the mother is still an attention whore.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Non-Story

/thread.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #30
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I don't see the issue here if MS is punishing the kid as they would any other.

I don't mean to come across as a prick by saying this, but just because he's Autistic doesn't mean he should be punished differently than anyone else in this situation.

Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns11
I know quite a bit about autism and autistic kids, I work with them every week through the special olympics, and the kid is still a cheater and the mother is still an attention whore.
Ding, Ding, Ding. We have a winner!

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 01-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #31
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Irony, because the only ignorance I see here is from you. The truth is, kid's a cheater, mother is an attention whore. Previous posts and articles have proven so.
If this was a non-autistic kid, I don't doubt that you would be reducing him to "a stinking cheater." And your post contradicts itself. You say there needs to be consequences, but you can't say he was a cheater? What would there be consequences for if he wasn't cheating?
You're taking this way too personal when it has absolutely nothing to do with you or your child. Like BNG said, just because he has autism doesn't excuse him from being punished like anyone else. Autism or not, he still cheated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
I agree with pretty much everyone else. Kid cheated no matter how you look at it and the mom is an attention whore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »