Home

Two 360s on Xbox Live at once?

This is a discussion on Two 360s on Xbox Live at once? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #9
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Two 360s on Xbox Live at once?

It's possible. I did it for a few years with my 360 and a friends 360 who didn't have broadband at home so he just left his 360 at my house. we didn't have any problems with one signing out the other though and didn't have to change anything in the router either, so I'm not sure what to say. at one point, we actually had 4 360 online at once(left 4 dead). obviously, like some other have said, you can't have the same account online at the same time on multiple systems.

It was a Linksys router FWIW.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 02-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

One of my buddies and I have done this a couple of times once Black Ops came out. I have two TVs in my room, so he'd bring his 360 over and we could both play and have our own TV. I used wireless, he hooked his up directly and we never even had any lag.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
It's possible. I did it for a few years with my 360 and a friends 360 who didn't have broadband at home so he just left his 360 at my house. we didn't have any problems with one signing out the other though and didn't have to change anything in the router either, so I'm not sure what to say. at one point, we actually had 4 360 online at once(left 4 dead). obviously, like some other have said, you can't have the same account online at the same time on multiple systems.

It was a Linksys router FWIW.
This. I feel like I am missing something here because I have done this before without any issues what so ever. Now that I think of I have used it with 2 different routers as well with no issues (Belkin and Linksys).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #12
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

I am currently dealing with this issue. My 360 is downstairs, my roommate's is in his room. We have no problems playing at the same time, except for the lag. I do not notice any but my roommate is constantly complaining about input delay and lag when we both hop on BFBC2 or Reach. We've tried every solution we can think of but he insists there's still a problem. Part of me thinks he's just seeing **** or raging when he has a bad game, but he's consistent with his criticism so maybe there is a problem after all.

Also, spoke with somebody from our ISP who had the same issue and that person said there's no way to hook up two 360s on live at the same time without some kind of lag.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
I am currently dealing with this issue. My 360 is downstairs, my roommate's is in his room. We have no problems playing at the same time, except for the lag. I do not notice any but my roommate is constantly complaining about input delay and lag when we both hop on BFBC2 or Reach. We've tried every solution we can think of but he insists there's still a problem. Part of me thinks he's just seeing **** or raging when he has a bad game, but he's consistent with his criticism so maybe there is a problem after all.

Also, spoke with somebody from our ISP who had the same issue and that person said there's no way to hook up two 360s on live at the same time without some kind of lag.
it depends on the ISP. if it's just DSL or low-end cable internet, you could see some lag here and there(with more than 1 360 in use at once). the bandwith just may not be big enough for all that data at once. if you have FiOS or some higher end cable service, you shouldn't seen any thing different.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 02-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #14
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown
One of my buddies and I have done this a couple of times once Black Ops came out. I have two TVs in my room, so he'd bring his 360 over and we could both play and have our own TV. I used wireless, he hooked his up directly and we never even had any lag.
Same. Did this for COD 4.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #15
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it depends on the ISP. if it's just DSL or low-end cable internet, you could see some lag here and there(with more than 1 360 in use at once). the bandwith just may not be big enough for all that data at once. if you have FiOS or some higher end cable service, you shouldn't seen any thing different.
we have WoW (Wide Open West). Supposedly their top settings, too. Like I said, I have not noticed a difference from the times I play by myself online and from the times my roommate joins me in a party. He says it's noticeable, but I think part of him is just raging because he's not as good at the 360 version as he is the PS3 version (he has copies for both systems).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #16
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

I have two on at once and both logged in, no problem. (using UPnP)

the PROBLEM is only the first machine to log in gets an OPEN NAT. so multiplayer game connection is better. the other person is fine in SP games but it's a bitch in most MP games with a moderate or strict NAT.

Now I can invite the other box to a MP game with me but with the NAt restricted he can not do the same.

Only solutions I have found is finding a router that supports multiple NATS or getting a separate IP number form my ISP (extra cost)

Last edited by Klocker; 02-10-2011 at 05:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »