Home

Playstation 4 Development Underway

This is a discussion on Playstation 4 Development Underway within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #41
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Playstation 4 Development Underway

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I dunno what PCs your looking at BC2 on, but maxed out it looks significantly better on the PC. I have both versions.

They already said that they have to tune the game down on the consoles considerably compared to the PC maxed with BF3 since it was designed for the PC first. And commented how console development is holding PCs back graphically. Thus they are designing this PC first. Then scaling back for consoles.

Get me videos of all these versions. Cause so far they have been only showing the PC off. And just recycling the PC trailer for the "console versions".
The bigger difference for BF3 on PC will more players (32 v. 32). Console will ony have 12 v. 12. So I assume maps wil be smaller as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2011, 10:37 PM   #42
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
I'm going to agree to disagree...

1920x1200 maxed, the resolution is far superior, lighting, framerate, shadows, normal maps, foliage, draw distance, particle effects, and textures by far.

And BF3 will be even more apparent. With PC as lead platform and DX11 tech taken fully advantage of.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:12 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I'm going to agree to disagree...

1920x1200 maxed, the resolution is far superior, lighting, framerate, shadows, normal maps, foliage, draw distance, particle effects, and textures by far.

And BF3 will be even more apparent. With PC as lead platform and DX11 tech taken fully advantage of.
Enigma is completely right about the PC being far ahead of the consoles. PC will have extreme resolutions compared to the 1080 signal of consoles. Plus refresh rates can be considerably higher on PC leading to less eye strain and a much clearer moving picture.

Now if you get into the graphics alone, PC will slaughter both consoles with ease. EA has also already stated that the game will be built for PC and will be able to take advantage of beast systems. DX11 will feature extremely better lighting, shadows, much higher detailed textures, and just a graphic fidelity that is not achievable on the consoles. There is a big difference between DX9 and DX11. Plus higher memory capabilities for PCs and extremely higher AA you get a MUCH better looking image, even while moving.

Now throw in draw distance, particle effects, sound processing high end cards, mouse + keyboard controls, and monitors designed for high resolutions and fast refresh rates. You get a experience that blows consoles out the water.

Console owners who have never sat in front a high end gaming PC and played games such as Crysis, Farcry 2, ARMA 2, etc. These guys will never truly understand the differences, because it is impossible to take in all the benefits just from a screen shot.

But I will finish that this should not even be up for discussion. You can ask anyone with PC experience and they all will say the same thing. PC will slaughter consoles every time if the game is not a console port. In the case of BF3, which has all been cleared up that it is being developed for the PC. It will not be a console port. So if there is any doubt by you console guys, go and ask the BF3 developers if BF3 will look and play better on PCs lol...I already know the answer.

PC all day every day

Edit: Oh and crazy thing is those videos are not even been seen the correct way in their full HD. Most will watch them in 360p or 720p, rather than the high end resolutions the game was played in some like 1920x1200 or so.

Last edited by Phobia; 06-14-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #44
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

^PC Whore.

My Video Game Streams
Old 06-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #45
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Enigma is completely right about the PC being far ahead of the consoles. PC will have extreme resolutions compared to the 1080 signal of consoles. Plus refresh rates can be considerably higher on PC leading to less eye strain and a much clearer moving picture.

Now if you get into the graphics alone, PC will slaughter both consoles with ease.
I am overdue for a new PC and am considering buying/building one for BF3 and Star Wars Old Republic.

How much do you think it would cost for a PC that would run BF3 at near max settings? Ideally, I'd like to use it with a large screen TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
^PC Whore.
I started gaming back in the 80s on PC. I have always had gaming PCs, I then moved into the console crowd with the original xbox. Then I went back to pure PC for several years. Once the 360 hit I went deep back into consoles getting both the 360 and PS3. But I also built several pure gaming PCs since.

PC gaming has always had a special place with me because of the simple fact it is extremely better looking, easier controls, and different titles such as StarCraft. Now I will say that consoles have a advantage in built in software that makes gaming easier. Such as built in voice chat without having to use a 3rd party app running in background, ease of simply clicking a friends name and hit "Join game" is another fantastic feature that until recently with steam was unheard of in PC world. So while the consoles have had their advantages (Sports games with controllers), they are slowly losing that ground with the 360 controller working perfectly with PC's and more apps such as Steam taking the role of instant joins, built in voice chat, and quick test messages.

So after this console generation is over. I am pretty sure I will be back to PC strictly again.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1210
I am overdue for a new PC and am considering buying/building one for BF3 and Star Wars Old Republic.

How much do you think it would cost for a PC that would run BF3 at near max settings? Ideally, I'd like to use it with a large screen TV.
You could do it under 500 if you got the monitor and such. If you talking just Power supply, case, Ram, Proc, GPU, Mobo, Harddrive, etc. You could most likely do it for sure in the 400 to 500 hundred range. Now if you wanted to future proof it for several years. You could drop the extra 200 and build something that will be a beast for several years in the 700 to 800 range. Then you could even go the pure over board route and do something in the 1000 to 1200 range and just go stupid.

Personally I build a beast of a system in the 500 to 600 range every 3 to 4 years. My last build is no longer a beast but I still run most games near maxed out all while still getting good framerates.

I built this rig in 08 and while it still has 3 years left in it if I wanted to hold on to it. I could easily keep it for that long and slowly just lower the graphics to console levels by the third year in the "medium" graphic level range. But I tend to like to stay on the top tier so I get around 3 to 4 years out this build. I will most likely wait will X-mas and build a new one. The quad is still plenty good enough and truthfully I could just throw some more ram in and a better GPU and I would be at the top tier in graphics again for much cheaper.

My last build in 08
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...pc-setups.html
Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #48
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I started gaming back in the 80s on PC.
Dang, you old.

My Video Game Streams