Home

Playstation 4 Development Underway

This is a discussion on Playstation 4 Development Underway within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #57
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Playstation 4 Development Underway

That's a problem comparing PC v. console. PC will show you how great it looks with the best PC on maximum settings vs. the console.

What I should have said earlier is that if BF3 on console looks as good as BC2 (which I am sure it will) I will be satisfied.

The lower player count and smaller maps is what has me jealous for the PC version.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:29 PM   #58
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1210
That's a problem comparing PC v. console. PC will show you how great it looks with the best PC on maximum settings vs. the console.

What I should have said earlier is that if BF3 on console looks as good as BC2 (which I am sure it will) I will be satisfied.

The lower player count and smaller maps is what has me jealous for the PC version.
Agreed totally here. Already a better looking and playing series than CoD IMO.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Your not understanding. "Other Conolse/PC" games are because they are designed on the console first, then ported to the PC, thus not major leaps can be done (much harder to scale up)...

DICE already said this themselves... that is why they are doing this on the PC FIRST, then scaling way back for consoles.

They have said in many interviews this year that the problem was consoles were holding the PC back... thus the ports were not substantial leaps... this is DX11 top of the line all the bells and whistles on the PC first. Then scaled back to the console.

We will see when final code is out and all the bells and whistles on the PC maxed out versus the console versions. I will guarantee it will be nothing like the console designed BC2 comparison.
I am probably going to end up wrong, but I just don't feel it will be that big of a difference between PC and console. A noticeable one? Of course, but anything major? I doubt it. I just don't feel we're going to see anything bigger than we've seen now between PC and console.

Also, I know the PC version will be using DX11, but to be completely honest, other than a small FPS boost I have never been able to see any other improvements DX11 has brought. I'm sure if I looked in depth, really in depth, I could see a difference, but I just have not seen it. Maybe I don't have that great of an eye for graphical differences? The first, and sometimes the only thing I ever notice between console and PC games are shadows and how far away you can see details.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 06-14-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #60
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

You have not seen improvements like there should be, because games were designed on the lower consoles first, then ported to the PC. DICE already stated it is much harder to scale up and add huge differences.

Thus their comment about holding the PC back and the PC's true abilities. This will be done on the PC first so all the bells and whistles can be taken advantage of.

Like I said you can not compare what was done so far due to the porting issues.

Crysis/Warhead is perfect example. Still no console game on these current machines will ever look that good. Due to it being designed on the PC. And how many years old is that game. DICE said BF3 will look substantially better on the PC comparatively. We will see I suppose.

Either way, BF3 is going to rock on all platforms I feel.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 06-14-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #61
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Well I have to chime in here. I have played Assassin's Creed II and Batman both of which I am pretty sure were console developed first and they look significantly better on the PC than they do on the console, significantly.

So I have no doubt that those that have a good gaming PC, it won't even be close on BF3 as to what is the better looking between the PC and console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #62
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
Well I have to chime in here. I have played Assassin's Creed II and Batman both of which I am pretty sure were console developed first and they look significantly better on the PC than they do on the console, significantly.

So I have no doubt that those that have a good gaming PC, it won't even be close on BF3 as to what is the better looking between the PC and console.
Agreed, just as I think BC2 looks significantly better. 1920x1200, maxed, full AA and AF on. No console can touch the texture quality and jaggie free experience. It is similar cause it is the same game architexture, but the PC version outshines the console version in every way. The console is muddy in comparison.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:23 AM   #63
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

We should be able to see how the console version, or PS3 at least, compares thanks to the Jimmy Fallon Show tonight. Exclusive console gameplay footage.

Maybe I just haven't seen BC2 in a while maxed, or haven't played any cross platform games lately I just don't remember how much better PC games look. Or maybe I just don't look at graphics too in depth and don't really notice all the bad parts. I mean, I though Homefront looked pretty good.... so I probably just don't pay that much attention to graphics, or enough attention to notice the differences outside of improved jaggies and shadows.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »