Home

Xbox One

This is a discussion on Xbox One within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #833
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Xbox 720

Im sorry but a feature like that is not enough to justify a high end price man...lol.

I dont need a voice activated Roku to watch netflix... seriously
Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #834
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
I know it is expensive, but the Logitech remotes would do just that. Press the bluray button, if programmed correctly it will turn on the bluray, change the input..etc.
I have one I used when I had surround sound set up, but with the new house I didn't want wires going everywhere.

I more mean just the fact that xbox is on in the background and can easily take over the TV. Now I have to turn it on, wait for it to boot up, etc. Even if it's one button push it's not integrated.

I dunno, just an idea. Might not make sense power wise, but who knows. We'll see in May when MS announces it.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #835
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im sorry but a feature like that is not enough to justify a high end price man...lol.

I dont need a voice activated Roku to watch netflix... seriously
I agree. I get it that companies want to "win the living room" now, but I'm starting to get this sinking feeling that for MS, it's entertainment first, then games. Gamers are going to be the first people to adopt your console.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #836

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
I agree. I get it that companies want to "win the living room" now, but I'm starting to get this sinking feeling that for MS, it's entertainment first, then games. Gamers are going to be the first people to adopt your console.
Exactly. Microsoft seems too focused on things not video game based for me to even think about buying their console if stone of these rumors are true.

I'm a gamer, all I want is my video game system to play video games. Everything else should be optional. I use my ps3 for Crunchyroll because my TV doesn't have an app for that... But even then, it still needs to be about games first.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #837
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
Exactly. Microsoft seems too focused on things not video game based for me to even think about buying their console if stone of these rumors are true.

I'm a gamer, all I want is my video game system to play video games. Everything else should be optional. I use my ps3 for Crunchyroll because my TV doesn't have an app for that... But even then, it still needs to be about games first.
Im not even mad that they want the Xbox to stream netflix, be your cable box, do your taxes and fix breakfast for you in the morning. Cast the net as wide as you can. The problem is where the thing won't work if Microsoft can't monitor it; specifically when it comes to playing the games. If the gaming console would play games without the online requirement I would have zero qualms about it.

My 360 hasnt been online in over 2 years (check my xbox button to the left yall) because I refuse to buy gold. But it still works and I still play it offline all the time. Now I cant do that? Yeah ok.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #838
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

I still have no issues with the next xbox. Always online, kinect etc doesnt bother me ne bit. I will probably get both at some point. Only 1 at launch, and i cn't make that decision until all the details are out.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 04-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #839

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Im not even mad that they want the Xbox to stream netflix, be your cable box, do your taxes and fix breakfast for you in the morning. Cast the net as wide as you can. The problem is where the thing won't work if Microsoft can't monitor it; specifically when it comes to playing the games. If the gaming console would play games without the online requirement I would have zero qualms about it.

My 360 hasnt been online in over 2 years (check my xbox button to the left yall) because I refuse to buy gold. But it still works and I still play it offline all the time. Now I cant do that? Yeah ok.
Agreed that casting the net far and wide is fine... If those things are optional. Making them a requirement is a no-go for me.

My systems are normally always hooked up to the internet (though ps3, my 360 hasn't been plugged in for over a year now) but Live Gold is an absolute joke, and telling me that my system HAS to be connected to work makes me say I'm not going to buy one.

If all this stuff that I have no interest in using (Xbox live, kinect, all these media things) were optional I would have no qualms purchasing.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #840
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56

My issues with gold are some of the silly restrictions it has in place. You can't send message on Xbox.com to people on your friends list(on Silver), apps like Youtube are unavailable on Silver, etc.

I also have no issue with "casting the net as wide as you can", but games will be the deciding factor when it comes to the new consoles. Being able to use Netflix is nifty, but what can I play?

Last edited by LambertandHam; 04-08-2013 at 05:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »