Home

Xbox One

This is a discussion on Xbox One within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #881
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
What is off topic about what is being discussed? It's rumors about the 720, its features, and design decisions. I don't see what is remotely off topic about that. Now the mod post you linked to I do, we were going into the PC topic, but this is strictly been about the "Always on" and "Kinect spy". Both are related to the 720 through and through.

I do not see how that is off topic to this "rumor".

Can a mod please elaborate for us, in case we are truly missing something?

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 04-09-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #882
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Xbox 720

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
How can you read a legit news source and still call it a rumor man? It was a Microsoft planned idea put into action coming from them.

Are you skipping paragraphs on purpose ?

What i do know it's too many people including reliable folks saying the same thing...where there is smoke there is fire.

And who cares what people get it's their money. If someone doesn't care for an always on console that requires Kinect then that's their choice...good lord

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
What legit news source are you referring to? The guy talking on his podcast about articles he read? He may have a lot of inside info and know exactly what he is talking about, but even he admits that it is not 100% fact.

No need to question my intelligence.

So reliable folks are saying the same thing, but Microsoft has made nothing formal. "Where there is smoke, there is fire." Is a phrase used to talk about rumors. Thanks for proving my point. In the end, these are rumors at this point. They may turn out to be true and I'm fine with that. The only point I'm trying to make is everyone is saying they will not buy the 720 if these things are true. I think once the official news comes out, even if those rumors are true, that people will change their mind about buying it. I'm basically just arguing psychology here. Right now this is all speculation.

Please read my previous posts. I didn't argue for people to buy or not buy the 720 or PS4. I don't know which I will get. I will make a decision after I have all the actual info. I never advocated for a particular system.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #883
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I do not see how that is off topic to this "rumor".

Can a mod please elaborate for us, in case we are truly missing something?
Elaboration follows:

It was previously determined by a different moderator (Post #532 of this thread) that the topic of surveillance is not a primary discussion for this message board with regard to the next-generation XBOX, and - in response to a post report about political discussion in this thread in combination with the aforementioned previous moderator request - I posted as I did to steer discussion away from that topic.

To be clear, the discussion of always-online as it pertains to games and services directly offered to the consumer by Microsoft - including the implications of internet outages and other service interruptions upon the use of the device and any of its software - is fine. Topics which even begin to flirt with subjects of political nature, including but not limited to surveillance via a potentially always-on Kinect sensor, have been deemed not fit to discuss on this thread.

If there are any further issues or questions, please direct them via private messages and not this thread as per the Terms of Service.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 04-09-2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: I accidentally a link
Old 04-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #884
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Unfortunately on the iPhone tapatalk app, it does not show who is a moderator, nor does the link you posted go to the post. It goes to an entirely different thread.

:/
Old 04-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #885
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolie G
What legit news source are you referring to? The guy talking on his podcast about articles he read? He may have a lot of inside info and know exactly what he is talking about, but even he admits that it is not 100% fact.
I was referring to the acquisition of Mediaroom announcement

Quote:
No need to question my intelligence.
Wouldnt and didnt think about it

Quote:
So reliable folks are saying the same thing, but Microsoft has made nothing formal.
That's their first problem right there.

Quote:
"Where there is smoke, there is fire." Is a phrase used to talk about rumors. Thanks for proving my point. In the end, these are rumors at this point. They may turn out to be true and I'm fine with that.

In this day and age of information, information gets out before its officially released, whether its an Iphone, a Galaxy Note, even a videogame system... M$ is not covered in Fort Knox security..there are people who have information divuldged to them just like the others. You can dismiss it and just as easily cannot provide an ounce of proof that what they say is not true. At this point we can look at patterns, history, the diagrams that have been shown on the architecture, etc. to rely on and its not pointing to many things just being some made up water cooler story.

Quote:
The only point I'm trying to make is everyone is saying they will not buy the 720 if these things are true. I think once the official news comes out, even if those rumors are true, that people will change their mind about buying it. I'm basically just arguing psychology here. Right now this is all speculation.
I honestly don't care what other people do with their funds, its their choice. If they wanna chest bang about what they wont do then do it... it wouldnt be the first time (aint that right FF)

Im not arguing psychology myself and yes it is wait and see what they have to say officially, but people are being pointed in a direction from where M$ is coming
Please read my previous posts. I didn't argue for people to buy or not buy the 720 or PS4. I don't know which I will get. I will make a decision after I have all the actual info. I never advocated for a particular system.[/quote]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #886
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
FYI, I will be taking pre-orders for custom made korrugated kardboard kinect kamera kovers, by thaSLABŪ...

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Old 04-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #887
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Since you remember them all, when is the last time a big release took down Xbox Live? The biggest releases ever have been online-centric console games like Call of Duty, even split between PC and the consoles the volume for each platform the first 24 hours likely dwarfed SimCity's first couple days.
There have been multiple outages of XBox live nearly every year since it launched, including intermittant connection problems for 13 days during the 2007-2008 holiday season. Microsoft has admitted that their system was inadequate to handle the large number of new users and the increase in users during that holiday time period. During each of those times, I would not have been able to use my system at all.

I was not referring to a single release overloading XBox Live, but rather the recent example SimCity showing that such a hapening is possible. But the larger point is that your gaming - even the offline single-player variety - is dependent not just on your own internet connection, but MS's servers and service as well. That's the only real point I was trying to make.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #888
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Windows blogger Paul Thurrott reveals rumored pricing options for Microsoft's next-gen platform, claims always-online requirement is accurate.

Quote:
Noted Windows blogger Paul Thurrott has claimed during the latest What The Tech episode (via NeoGAF) that the Xbox 720 will launch in November beginning at $300 for a subscription-based model. A standard model will sell for around $500, he said.

He described the platform overall as "expensive."

The Xbox 720 won't be the only new Xbox on shelves this season, Thurrott claimed. The writer said Microsoft is planning a $99 "Stingray" Xbox 360. He did not provide any further information about this platform.

Thurrott also shared information about the Xbox 720's reported always-online requirement. He said this is a confirmed feature for the platform, claiming the system's notes specifically state that the Xbox 720 "must be Internet-connected to use."

The Xbox 720 reportedly stops functioning if an Internet connection drops for three minutes.
Source - Gamespot

So a $300 subscription based model and a standard $500 model... HMMM. MS is still holding this rumor to the fire, but yet another person comes out and says they think its gonna be online all the time. Interesting that MS pushed the date back to May... changing something MS? Wait and see I guess.

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 04-10-2013 at 10:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »