Home

Xbox One

This is a discussion on Xbox One within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #24617
MVP

3304Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Xbox One

My plan was to hold out on getting the One at first but by mid-December the year it came out I found myself picking one up. I got the S when that came out too and just upgraded to an X a couple weeks ago. But I don’t really think I’ll go straight for a new Xbox when the next one releases, unless there’s a way to having cross platform chat with multiple generations of the same console, because I found out pretty quick when I got my One that only a couple of my friends had it, so I was still mostly using my 360 for the first six months or so.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:29 PM   #24618
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
I know myself and always wanting these consoles on launch lol. I’ll definitely get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I’ll definitely want it but if I’m paying 500 for essentially just a few FPS I’ll at least have to think about it. Lol
Old 12-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #24619
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
And the nice thing w/ this ecosystem is that's fine. Unless something changes you can play all the newest games on that console for the next decade.
Has that been confirmed? I know they talked about going "generationless" but I am still a little unsure. Since the X was touted as a mid gen refresh and Scarlett now is being "next gen", it makes me question it (old consoles playing new games...I'm sure BC will be there for the unforeseeable future.)

Will they list "minimum Xbox" required for games going forward? Because I am sure at some point the older consoles will eventually need to drop off for not being powerful enough.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #24620
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by joet6683
Has that been confirmed? I know they talked about going "generationless" but I am still a little unsure. Since the X was touted as a mid gen refresh and Scarlett now is being "next gen", it makes me question it (old consoles playing new games...I'm sure BC will be there for the unforeseeable future.)

Will they list "minimum Xbox" required for games going forward? Because I am sure at some point the older consoles will eventually need to drop off for not being powerful enough.
That's openly been their philosophy, and what they're doing with gamepass and the streaming stuff doesn't make it look like it will be ending anytime soon. Forward and backwards compatibility should be a feature indefinitely.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #24621
MVP

ricky24's Arena

I think we are at a point where the base Xbox one will be able to run any new games in some form for years. If they make a game that’s 4k/60 FPS they can easily just dumb it down to run at 900 30 fps or whatever they need to do. I don’t see it being an issue during this next gen anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #24622
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
I think we are at a point where the base Xbox one will be able to run any new games in some form for years. If they make a game that’s 4k/60 FPS they can easily just dumb it down to run at 900 30 fps or whatever they need to do. I don’t see it being an issue during this next gen anyways.
Yeah MS has said a bunch recently that they want to move to a streamlined format to match PC with their consoles.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 12-10-2018, 05:57 PM   #24623
Banned

Think of a console like an iPhone or iPad. Everything is playable going forward. At some point, new stuff stops running as well on old hardware. But you can upgrade and have access to every single thing you already own, and just move forward.

That is what Microsoft is selling. Between my digital 360 games, of which I had a fair amount, and most are now BC, the free games with gold, the games with EA access, and now Gamepass, I would beginning up a while lot to switch platforms. I have access to hundreds of games

I have a PS4, but it is my Sony exclusive machine. and to be honest, I have not plated it nearly enough to justify the price I paid for the Slim, which I got on sale with UC4 included.

I expect I will jump on the new Xbox sooner than later, but it is nice that in this ecosystem, that might not be necessary. The X looks to be as functional as my iPhone 6 is right now. I might upgrade my iPhone at some point, but there is nothing driving me to do it. The Xbox may have features that drives me there, or I might wait, and still get to play the new games.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:40 PM   #24624
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Anyone here besides me playing Mutant Year Zero? It's available on Game Pass which is how im playing it. It's a stealth exploration turn based strategy RPG and a damn good one at that. I'm maybe 1/3rd through the game (not sure though) and im really enjoying the gameplay, strategy and environments. Story is decent as well. Anyone who likes this genre and has Game Pass, I recommend giving it a chance.

Also, Ashen released today on Game Pass as well. It's a Dark Souls type game. I have it downloaded but won't play it until after I complete Mutant Year Zero. Both games were given a 9/10 by GameSpot and im looking forward to jumping into it once I finish MYZ.
I always knew that getting Game Pass was inevitable, especially as someone who plays many different genres. I was just waiting on the key game to make me pull the trigger, MYZ was the type of game that fit the bill. The Amazon one year for 70 bucks deal helped as well.

I'm only like 30 minutes into the game and to have gotten it as a Game Pass game is so great. I haven decided yet if I'm going to play Ashen, but it being a GP game obviously makes it more likely that I'll try it out.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »