Home

Xbox One

This is a discussion on Xbox One within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2018, 12:29 AM   #24625
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Xbox One

When Xbox Scarlet drops and if it drops with varying tech levels (ie. high, med., low), just throw the highest model in the bag. While we are at it, same with the PS5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #24626
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Anyone here besides me playing Mutant Year Zero? It's available on Game Pass which is how im playing it. It's a stealth exploration turn based strategy RPG and a damn good one at that. I'm maybe 1/3rd through the game (not sure though) and im really enjoying the gameplay, strategy and environments. Story is decent as well. Anyone who likes this genre and has Game Pass, I recommend giving it a chance.

Also, Ashen released today on Game Pass as well. It's a Dark Souls type game. I have it downloaded but won't play it until after I complete Mutant Year Zero. Both games were given a 9/10 by GameSpot and im looking forward to jumping into it once I finish MYZ.
I downloaded it from Game Pass, but am waiting until I get back from my next work trip to start playing it. Looks really interesting, though, and I'm a big fan of RTS-type games.

Game Pass makes my decision to get back into the XB1 worth it.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 12-11-2018, 10:18 PM   #24627
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I always knew that getting Game Pass was inevitable, especially as someone who plays many different genres. I was just waiting on the key game to make me pull the trigger, MYZ was the type of game that fit the bill. The Amazon one year for 70 bucks deal helped as well.

I'm only like 30 minutes into the game and to have gotten it as a Game Pass game is so great. I haven decided yet if I'm going to play Ashen, but it being a GP game obviously makes it more likely that I'll try it out.
Finished Mutant Year Zero this past Sunday. Great 8.0/10 game especially if you're a fan of X-Com type games. Even better if you have Game Pass because I don't believe that the game is worth $35 in my opinion. I did enjoy everything overall except for one major thing which I won't mention as I might be considered a spoiler. A few nitpicks here and there and only one major gameplay negative. When cover is destroyed, enemies can still use the destroyed cover as cover. In fairness, im pretty sure you can do the same but this was a negative because what's the point in having destructible stuff yet it's still "there"?

Definitely worth a play-through via Game Pass. My Game Pass expires in mid-January and im not renewing it simply because I have too many new game releases between mid-January and mid-May so not much point in paying for a subscription that I won't be using. I just finished Battlefield 5 in general an hour or so ago so I'll be starting Ashen tomorrow evening and check out if I like the game. Figured that since I have Game Pass until mid-January, better off playing and completing MYZ and Ashen since there was no way I was going to spend $35/$40 respectively on either game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I downloaded it from Game Pass, but am waiting until I get back from my next work trip to start playing it. Looks really interesting, though, and I'm a big fan of RTS-type games.

Game Pass makes my decision to get back into the XB1 worth it.
If you like X-Com, then you'll most likely enjoy MYZ. It has stealth and exploration in it which is pretty good.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #24628
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I tried MYZ but ran out of time...it was fun though...not sure if I'll invest lots into it right now, but seemed worth it.

Going to try Ashen next, I like the concept of Souls games, and this sounds a bit more fun vs. anger inducing
Old 12-13-2018, 05:46 PM   #24629
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I tried MYZ but ran out of time...it was fun though...not sure if I'll invest lots into it right now, but seemed worth it.

Going to try Ashen next, I like the concept of Souls games, and this sounds a bit more fun vs. anger inducing
What do you mean, you ran out of time? I finished MYZ this past Sunday. Great 8.0/10 game for me. Enjoyed it for the majority of the game. Ashen though is a different story. Played 2 hours last night. Love the art style and look of the game but not having "faces" is definitely weird and irks me. The game is "souls lite" and has somewhat clunky controls and movement during combat.

Was hoping that it was going to be more fluid and responsive. My biggest problem which is for these games in general, I hate it when you die, you respawn at the checkpoint and all the enemies respawn. Why can't a developer make a souls like game but have you respawn in the immediate area that you died in and just have to fight the enemy or group that killed you instead of everyone? Ugh.

I then played Starlink for an hour last night as well since I bought it last week at Best Buy. It's not bad but I can see why majority would say that it's highly repetitive and like Easy Allies Michael Huber says for some games, this one is swimming in sevens. LOL.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:55 PM   #24630
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
What do you mean, you ran out of time? I finished MYZ this past Sunday. Great 8.0/10 game for me. Enjoyed it for the majority of the game. Ashen though is a different story. Played 2 hours last night. Love the art style and look of the game but not having "faces" is definitely weird and irks me. The game is "souls lite" and has somewhat clunky controls and movement during combat.

Was hoping that it was going to be more fluid and responsive. My biggest problem which is for these games in general, I hate it when you die, you respawn at the checkpoint and all the enemies respawn. Why can't a developer make a souls like game but have you respawn in the immediate area that you died in and just have to fight the enemy or group that killed you instead of everyone? Ugh.

I then played Starlink for an hour last night as well since I bought it last week at Best Buy. It's not bad but I can see why majority would say that it's highly repetitive and like Easy Allies Michael Huber says for some games, this one is swimming in sevens. LOL.
I got busy that day and only had an hour or so to play. I have to pick and choose my games cause I'm limited with time (can't just play at night, that's family/tv time, and kids wake up early right now, so it's tough).

It was fun though, I just knew at that point I couldn't spend the time to save/retry and all that.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:11 PM   #24631
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I got busy that day and only had an hour or so to play. I have to pick and choose my games cause I'm limited with time (can't just play at night, that's family/tv time, and kids wake up early right now, so it's tough).

It was fun though, I just knew at that point I couldn't spend the time to save/retry and all that.
Oh, okay. Gotcha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 11:49 AM   #24632
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

When you want to play a game, but are prompted with an update, is there anyway to bypass it like on PlayStation?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »