Home

Xbox One

This is a discussion on Xbox One within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2019, 12:39 PM   #24689
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Xbox One

These comments give me optimism:

@aegies
i enjoyed crackdown 3 a fair bit. i don't know what other people were expecting from it, other than "it's more crackdown that hopefully doesn't **** up the formula the way crackdown 2" did, which is what we've all known it would be for at least two years.

if you never "got" crackdown, or (understandably) fixated on the idea of a completely destroyable city, then crackdown 3 is very much not a game for you. it's not another open world to get lost in. that's not what it is or what it does or what it intends to be.

Also if you’ve got atmos you can hear orbs above you in crackdown 3.

###

If it's more of the 1st Crackdown, rather than the second, then it could be a real fun time. I'll own it anyways thanks to Game Pass, so costs nothing to give it a shot as a break from Anthem, which I'll own for similar reasons.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:41 PM   #24690
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0

How do you own anthem through a game pass situation?
Old 02-14-2019, 01:29 PM   #24691
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
How do you own anthem through a game pass situation?
via Origin Premier (PC). I've got that more or less for Madden, and play/sample games all year as a benefit.

The only game I'll really need to make a purchasing decision on soon / will cost me something out of pocket is Division 2, and that'll be free w/ my Ryzen if I can get a build together by then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2019, 01:51 PM   #24692
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
via Origin Premier (PC). I've got that more or less for Madden, and play/sample games all year as a benefit.

The only game I'll really need to make a purchasing decision on soon / will cost me something out of pocket is Division 2, and that'll be free w/ my Ryzen if I can get a build together by then.

You actually get the game for free or is it a trial like ea access?
Old 02-14-2019, 02:03 PM   #24693
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
You actually get the game for free or is it a trial like ea access?
With Origin Premier you get all games free right when they come out. No trial necessary. It's $100 a year I believe. Great deal if u have a good PC. Play two games a year and it pays for it's self. Between that, EA Access, and Gamepass I have so many games to play it's dumb.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #24694
PRO

FinsUp75's Arena

OVR: 5

It's still subscription based, so if you cancel your sub, you lose access to the games.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:20 PM   #24695
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Ah 100 a year. That’s actually pretty cool though. My PC only does 1080/60 though for most games if I’m lucky. If it pushed out the same quality as the OneX id do that for sure. I gotta play anthem in all its glory on the X.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #24696
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
I would if my game cost the same as the other and looks and plays inferior like Metro does according to Gaming Bolt.....But that is just me
I love GamingBolt and they gave the game an 8/10. Metro Exodus looks excellent and that wasn't one of their complaints. They said the story is bad but nearly all other reviews praise it so it's not that the story is bad, it's just that the reviewer didn't like it. I'm expecting Exodus to play like the first two which I didn't have any issues with. The only negative that I have seen in general has been AI issues but that could be based on the difficult which I know all reviewers play on the normal default level. The only reviewer I have ever seen review difficulties is ACG and oddly enough, he didn't mention it at all in his Metro Exodus review.

Exodus is one of the generation's better looking games and as for how it plays, I'll wait and see for myself when I play it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »