Home

Xbox One

This is a discussion on Xbox One within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #49
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Xbox 720

A few points:

1. I paid $10 to see a 2 hour movie. I paid $120 for battlefield 3 and Skyrim and I have had about 200 hours of entertainment. Money well spent in my book.

2. microsoft would not make a console that does play used games unless third party developers were not breathing down their neck. I can gaurentee that either Sony will follow suit or Microsoft will gain more first party titles. Developers and publishers will want to make the most amount of money(duh) and cutting used game sales out of the equation will do just that.

Personally I want my money to go to game developers, they make the games I enjoy playing, not gamestop.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #50
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

It's not about where the money goes for me. It's about saving as much money as I can. My $ is more important than a developers $- In this day and age.
If I can wait a month or so and get the same 60.00 game for 40.00 with the additional perk of if it sucks I can take it back, then that's what I'll do.

When developers give out a money back guaranteee if I'm not satisfied then I'll be happy to pay full price all the time.
However waaay to many games are released unfinished with developers relying on multiple patches to fix issues for me to care one diddly poop whether they get money over used sales. I'm not talking about a normal patch here and there to tweak things. I'm talking about MAJOR issues that get sent out the door and a fix is 2 or 3 months from coming.

Obviously there are exception for developrs with good record though

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 01-27-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #51
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
If you enjoy playing AAA video games with high production values such as Call of Duty, Battlefield, Uncharted, Forza, Red Dead Redemption, or what have you, you will pay $60 - at least - for a AAA video game. AAA video games cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make, as the programmers, engineers, artists, designers, QA testers, etc. who make these games have to be fairly compensated for their work.

Admittedly I say this from the biased position of a video game developer.
Well people expect a lot more than 3-4 hours out of a $60 game compared to a $5 iphone game,in fact I bet your $5 iphone game lasts longer than MW 3 or BF 3,probably lasts longer than both combined. You can say they have online play and there's value in that but otherwise it's worth nothing more than a rental. If you start catering to only online people you're going to be in trouble and start losing customers. Just from this recent batch of games I didn't buy Madden because I had to work extra for roster updates and they made a previously single player mode online only,didn't buy WWE 12 because I couldn't download CAWs and I'm never ever buying another Forza/Turn10 studios game because I can't get the VIP cars I paid for without a gold account.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #52
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

If you start only catering to online people it apparently results in the largest entertainment product launch of all time (MW3).

I've gotten over the idea that my ideals and desires from a game don't represent the majority of gamers anymore.

Look at the latest Live Activity list, well executed online games are winners, with few exceptions for good single player titles that also make an appearance. COD is so popular and so many people bought it that the last 3 titles are all still in the top 20, including sitting at the top 2 spots.

Last edited by mestevo; 01-27-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #53
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32
Is Microsoft really going to pay Sony for blu ray? I also think it is a very poor decision to go after the used game market in that way. If they want to really kill off used games then make new games more affordable.
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Old 01-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #54
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas
Is Microsoft really going to pay Sony for blu ray? I also think it is a very poor decision to go after the used game market in that way. If they want to really kill off used games then make new games more affordable.
Blu ray is slowly becoming the standard optical drive. To not have one, especially when they want to become your home entertainment center, would be an extreme oversight. Everybody else who was trying to push HD-DVD has since gotten on board with Blu-Ray.

Either way they are going to need more space than than the regular dvd provides.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #55
Come get some!

Candyman5's Arena

OVR: 43

IMO a percentage of a used game purchase should still go to the developers. I think its laughable that they get no kickbacks at all for their game being sold for $5 cheaper. Its their game they made and they should receive money no mater how many times it gets sold.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:37844096

Teams:
NCAA/PRO Football - Miami Hurricanes/Minnesota Vikings
NCAA/PRO Basketball - Syracuse Orange/NJ Nets
NCAA/PRO Baseball - Miami Hurricanes/NY Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #56
Rookie

dcal's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman5
IMO a percentage of a used game purchase should still go to the developers. I think its laughable that they get no kickbacks at all for their game being sold for $5 cheaper. Its their game they made and they should receive money no mater how many times it gets sold.
I would think that Gamestop and other game trading outfits would need to cut a deal for that to happen if they want to survive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »