Home

Xbox One

This is a discussion on Xbox One within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #769
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Xbox 720

The problem I have with saying something along the lines of "Always on is fine because your computer is always on as well, isn't it?" is that sure, it is, but if/when it's down, what am I going to fall back on to occupy my time? My Xbox/Playstation. So if I have an Xbox and it's "Always On", AND my internet goes down for whatever reason, then I'm doubly screwed.

Honestly, this is getting overreacted to, but at the same time it is making me lean that much more to buying a PS4 instead.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #770
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Honestly this is some really blah bleh and meh talk when it should be about what the console can do and what it offers, this is the only thing a MS employee makes a comment on?

Pretty weak of them so far.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #771
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I've already said that I think always-online is stupid but what's funny to me is that all the people I've seen who are the most vocal in their opposition (not just here or on the internet) are people who are online every day of the week.
Well the ones that cant get online period cant really complain on the internet. So yeah.

I travel alot, and on certain trips depending on the duration I bring my xbox, or playstation and hook it up where I can. In those cases I am not usually in a mindset where I can assume I'll be connected to anything. So for that, always on is unattractive. There really is no good reason why my xbox need to be connected to the internet for it to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #772
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Big Brother will be watching! Deal with it!

Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #773
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Well the ones that cant get online period cant really complain on the internet. So yeah.
Which is why I also mentioned people who weren't on the internet. So yeah. But the point wasn't that the people who are complaining have the ability to connect to the Internet, it was that the most vocal that I've seen are from people who are online every day of the week for long periods of time; the type of people who are likely to have a wireless connection in their homes and for whom this really wouldn't be a big issue for outside of a "principles" kind of thing.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

Last edited by jmood88; 04-05-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #774
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Which is why I also mentioned people who weren't on the internet. So yeah. But the point wasn't that the people who are complaining have the ability to connect to the Internet, it was that the most vocal that I've seen are from people who are online every day of the week for long periods of time; the type of people who are likely to have a wireless connection in their homes and for whom this really wouldn't be a big issue for outside of a "principles" kind of thing.
People just like to be part of a mob, as most recently demonstrated by the SimCity launch. A game with nearly unprecedented outrage while it remains the #1 PC game at Amazon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #775
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

What mob dude? I think its ridiculous that this is the only talk that has been had for some time and MS is doing nothing to change that.

I don't think its a matter of having a connection as people don't want that to be forced on them as a requirement to play the thing. It is a stupid idea if you ask me if it is true that it has to be connected to work.

Last edited by 23; 04-05-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #776

OVR: 34

2K Sports marketing at its finest..wait..this is MS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »