Home

Oh No my PS3 just died !

This is a discussion on Oh No my PS3 just died ! within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Oh No my PS3 just died !

Im not sure about that long but yea it will just be a temp fix and will die on u again. A little off topic but my older brother did the towel trick with his xbox about 3 times before it didnt work anymore. U might as well just buy a new ps3.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #10
MC2
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDayD1978
I keep a separate private stash solely for the untimely event of my PS3 dying on me.
Smart move.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
LGM

Arizito Sports's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgenrulz
See if you can find the Uncharted bundle for $299 if you already don't have the game. Great deal. If not look for the Move bundle so you can try out The Show! I believe it's $349!
I will do this I will just buy the Slim 320 Uncharted version . Along With MLB THE SHOW 12 of course !

Last edited by Arizito Sports; 03-04-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #12
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Better now as opposed just getting ready to sit down and play and it craps out!
I've been playing a LOT lately so I hope this doesn't happen... I've waited too long to have it break down on me
Old 03-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 8

If it's a fat 60g backwards compatible one you should really spend the money to get it fixed as those go for over 200 and you can get your slim paid for to have a reliable system.

I had the same problem last year though lol, Mine died in February so I had to pick up a slim, but I got mine fixed and am keeping it as a backup of for PS2 games when I have the urge. Along with my yearly controller after wearing out the left stick playing a years worth of The Show
Old 03-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizito Sports
My PS3 just died looks like I will be picking up a new PS3 tomorrow .Along with MLB THE SHOW 12 my ps3 got the YLOD,I had it since the day it was release is the 60GB version not going to bother with repairing it. I will buy anew slim tomorrow 320 GB This is just Great, you talk about perfect timing when the show comes out My PS3 dies !
If you are interested, Sony is still doing a $99 trade in of the 60 gb models for a 120gb slim refurbished. I just did this yesterday. Here is some information I got from AVS Forum:

You can call the PlayStation Support line at 1-800-345-7669 instead of going through the online process. If you find your system is invalid for the trade-in offer and you get to the page where you input your credit card info, the next time you input your serial it will say: "The number you have entered is not a valid serial number."

Quote from webpage:

"For a limited time we are offering a trade-in for your current model to the latest PlayStation®3 120GB model.

The factory re-certified PlayStation®3 120GB system includes:
• 120GB HDD for storing games, music, videos and photos. (Technical Specifications)
• High-Definition Blu-ray player for the best movie experience.
• Internet ready with built-in Wi-Fi.
• Two USB ports
• HDMI output for 1080p resolution
• Plays DVDs and CDs
• Cell Broadband Engine advanced microprocessor
• And comes with a 90 day Limited Service Warranty

For backwards compatibility and model comparison, please see chart below.

The 120GB PS3™ system is not backwards compatible with PlayStation®2 titles, but does maintain backwards compatibility for some original PlayStation® titles."

**After you choose your PS3 model and input your serial you will be directed to a page where you "select the issue you are experiencing..." and "provide in detail what you are experiencing," followed by entering a CAPTCHA. The next page after that displays your service cost and requires you to enter your "consumer information." The PS3 models available for the trade-in offer have a service cost of $129. If your service cost is $99 your model is not eligible. The trade-in offer is not presented until AFTER you complete and submit the $129 service cost page.**

**UPDATE 12/13/2011** Tax is YMMV. There is no cost for shipping. Confirmed via second PlayStation Support email: "You will be receiving a box from us with prepaid shipping to our service facility. Your box will arrive in about three (3) to five (5) business days."

Quote from second PlayStation Support email:

"Frequently Asked Questions on Service :

How long does service take?
Turn-around time for the service is about seven (7) to ten (10) business days from the time we receive the system.

What about my warranty?
Once service is complete, your serviced system will be sent to you with a new 90 day limited service warranty. This new warranty will not affect your original manufacturer’s warranty. You will continue to be covered under the remaining portion of your original 1 year warranty. Your service warranty ends 90 calendar days after you receive your system.

Will I receive any notifications about my service?
You will receive emails at the email address you provide to PlayStation® Consumer Services. We will send an email when the system is received and another when the system is shipped back to you. Please remember to check your bulk and junk folders for this email.

How do I check the status of my system?
You can check the status of your system online using your Service Request number (SR#) or your you can call our automated phone system at 800-345-SONY(7669) and press option 4 and use your phone number or SR#.

Important Information About Service :

*Final determination on Warranty Status is determined by the Service Center. Systems that do not meet the Manufacturer's Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions or the PlayStation® Protection Plan Terms and Conditions will be considered "Out of Warranty" and there will be a charge for service or your system will be returned to you un-serviced.

This service process is for consumers only. Retailers and third party providers are not eligible.

The Service Center reserves the right to repair, exchange with a factory certified system, or return your system to you according to their diagnosis.

Your system will be returned to you at the address you provided. We are unable to change this address once the unit has been processed for service.

Your system will be RETURNED UN-SERVICED due to any of the following:

• Excessive wear and tear, neglect, abuse, accident and/or modification.

• Serial Number Label has been tampered with, cut, torn or removed.

• Model does not match the model you requested service on.

• Invalid SR#: This service offer is good for thirty (30) days from the date of your request.

• For the trade-in option: the original Hard Disc Drive must be included with the system to qualify."

**PLEASE CHECK WIKI FOR PS3 MODELS REPORTED AS VALID OR NOT FOR TRADE-IN OFFER**

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1379468

Last edited by PhantomPain; 03-04-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #15
Rookie

douggoud's Arena

OVR: 7

That sucks, I just backed up all my important game data on my system a day or 2 ago (GT5, Just Cause 2, GTA IV, Red Dead Redepmtion, etc., I didn't back up any 11 data, because I'm gonna be getting 12 in 2 days anyways) because I was doing a 24hr B-Spec race on GT5 (and my system was making louder noises than usual). SO hopefully my PS3 doesn't die on me in the next few days (or rather, months I should say), my Best Buy insurance (or whatever that plan is called) ran out about 2 years ago, lol

"All Angels Go To Heaven"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #16
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizito Sports
My PS3 just died looks like I will be picking up a new PS3 tomorrow .Along with MLB THE SHOW 12 my ps3 got the YLOD,I had it since the day it was release is the 60GB version not going to bother with repairing it. I will buy anew slim tomorrow 320 GB This is just Great, you talk about perfect timing when the show comes out My PS3 dies !
Wow! That sucker lasted quite awhile actually. I think you're making the right choice just getting a new one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »