Home

Oh No my PS3 just died !

This is a discussion on Oh No my PS3 just died ! within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #17
Rookie

Bear's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Oh No my PS3 just died !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDayD1978
I keep a separate private stash solely for the untimely event of my PS3 dying on me.
Me too, buddy. I have a credit card solely for the purpose of replacing my PS3 or 360 in the event one dies. The Show is the only title I must have on launch day annually. As childish as it may sound, I couldn't go without, even for a day or two. We all have our vices.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #18
OS Supporter - 12/14/14

DELUS1ONAL's Arena

OVR: 4

That sucks. I hope mine doesn't die on me.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #19
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Yeah I still have an original 20 GB but I do have the money if it breaks.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 03-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #20
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

My 60gb is till going strong and I hope it stays that way. I believe it's about 6 years old now. Suprised it's lasted this long. Sorry to hear about yours.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #21
LGM

Arizito Sports's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon10 Re: Oh No my PS3 just died !

PhantomPain Thanks for the info my brotha ! I will be doing what you did,but I will buy a NEW 320GB Uncharted 3 bundle just I wanna play the show 12 tomorrow.

I will do what you did and returned it to sony in the future then sell it off or just give it away to my brother thanks for this info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2012, 02:34 AM   #22
Banned

FreezeTime's Arena

OVR: 7

Those with working 60GB are extremely lucky. My 60GB got the YLOD on me 2 years ago. I got it fixed for $50 but then 3 weeks later, the same thing happened. The place had a 100 day warranty so I took it back and got it fixed again but it got the YLOD so I saw how to fix it on youtube and realized I would never be able to keep on doing that every time it got the YLOD so I took it back and the placed fixed it again so I bought a used 120GB bundle from Craigslist and then transferred all my data from my 60GB to my new slim and sold it on Craigslist for $300.

The 60GB is the best PS3 ever made and I wish I was smart enough to know how to keep fixing it but it was good while it lasted. I suggest you pay to get it fixed and then do what I did.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:44 AM   #23
LGM

Arizito Sports's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezeTime
Those with working 60GB are extremely lucky. My 60GB got the YLOD on me 2 years ago. I got it fixed for $50 but then 3 weeks later, the same thing happened. The place had a 100 day warranty so I took it back and got it fixed again but it got the YLOD so I saw how to fix it on youtube and realized I would never be able to keep on doing that every time it got the YLOD so I took it back and the placed fixed it again so I bought a used 120GB bundle from Craigslist and then transferred all my data from my 60GB to my new slim and sold it on Craigslist for $300.

The 60GB is the best PS3 ever made and I wish I was smart enough to know how to keep fixing it but it was good while it lasted. I suggest you pay to get it fixed and then do what I did.
To much of a hassel to keep on fixing it if is going to die sooner or later, i'll just buy a new slim .. Plus do you know how to transfer files on to new ps3 slims ?
Old 03-05-2012, 03:53 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

To transfer your files and game saves do the blow dryer temporary fix.

If it works it will last long enough for you to use a USB flash drive or external hard drive.

Here is a video on how to do the hair dryer temporary fix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXxKRUbUrKc

Anyways here is the best place I found doing a search on google shopping.This bundle is pretty hard to find now. Not sure if it's available in a store near your area or if it's only a walmart.com deal and they will ship it to you. On the bright side though I know that Walmart is doing the deal where you save $20 bucks on the MLB 12 The Show Bundle deal for the PS3 & Vita versions.

Link:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/PlayStatio...00000003142040

Newegg.com also has it in stock. Also as long as you don't live in CA you won't have to pay sales tax and they give you free standard shipping. That's if you can wait of course about 3 to 5 business days for your new PS3 to come.

Link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ion-_-68110088

Last edited by kb24sd; 03-05-2012 at 04:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »