Home

OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

This is a discussion on OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2018, 06:32 PM   #4633
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

In a nutshell, it is really great for 4K ultra preset gaming and gaming in general. Great for streaming. Great for rendering. Currently there are ZERO games out today that uses RTX or DLSS, so they can't test RTX or DLSS yet.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:52 AM   #4634
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTocco
Building a PC in the next 2 weeks, excited to join the community!

Make sure to post specs, us nerds love that ****

Btw just got good internet so it will be cool to play with OS peeps even though my ping will be bad coming from Asia but I’ve been averaging 200-350 mbps.

Steam: RockinDaMike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB

Last edited by RockinDaMike; 09-20-2018 at 01:13 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #4635
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
Make sure to post specs, us nerds love that ****

Btw just got good internet so it will be cool to play with OS peeps even though my ping will be bad coming from Asia but I’ve been averaging 200-350 mbps.

Steam: RockinDaMike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha so true, here's what I'm looking at but I'm torn. Gonna start buying parts this weekend.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/KingTocco/saved/ZJjWD3

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 07:29 PM   #4636
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Hahaha so true, here's what I'm looking at but I'm torn. Gonna start buying parts this weekend.

1. You do realize you can get a 1080 for that price they charging for the 1070ti now right ? GTX 1080s are going for under $500 now.

2. That SSD going to fill up mighty fast being only 500GB. So I hope hope you using a regular HDD as well.

3. Your power supply on the weak side. I would bump it up to 750 watts. You can find 750 watt power supplies for under $100.

Also fair warning. Fully modular power supply cables are short and a pain in the butt to work with.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:13 PM   #4637
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
1. You do realize you can get a 1080 for that price they charging for the 1070ti now right ? GTX 1080s are going for under $500 now.

2. That SSD going to fill up mighty fast being only 500GB. So I hope hope you using a regular HDD as well.

3. Your power supply on the weak side. I would bump it up to 750 watts. You can find 750 watt power supplies for under $100.

Also fair warning. Fully modular power supply cables are short and a pain in the butt to work with.
Thanks for the input, I'll check out the 1080s, originally I was gonna just go for a 1060 to save money and upgrade soon but I'd rather just get it now.

I'll check out power supplys, I thought the one I picked was solid, so you're saying I should go semi?

For the SSD I'm not too worried, again just saving some cash now. I'll be getting a bigger HDD in the future. I'm really only going to be playing Destiny 2 and installing the OS on the SSD for now anyway.

Originally the build I was shooting for was like $700 with upgradeability within the next year but then I got overzealous.

Lakers
Juventus

Old 09-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #4638
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Yeah semi modular is better, much longer cords. Also bronze level power supply is really all you need. No need to over spend for Gold or Platinum level unless you find them on a good sale. I have had bronze power supplies last just as long as golds. So now I just rock with bronze and save money. I would also buy some case fans. Usually the case fans that come with cases are crap. But that is something you can decide later if you determine you not getting enough air flow. I have 5 fans. 2 in the front, 2 on the CPU heatsink and 1 in the back. I have space to add 2 more to the top if I wanted to, but the temps are fine currently.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:42 PM   #4639
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

I agree with GMSS,

1) I paid $450 for this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=operasport-20 but there was 1080s going for roughly the same price. You can OC the 1070 Ti to produce stock 1080 performance, but why do that when you can do a 1080 Duke for a few bucks more ($470).

2)I'd start with that 500Gb SSD, then plan on an M.2. Once you are able to buy one, throw your OS and any editing software on the M.2. Now your free to use the 500Gb for just games. You will never have enough space, so plan on what you want to play consistently, those go on your SSD. Then buy a 1TB spin drive ($50) and put on single player games like The Witcher 3, Far Cry 5, Alien: Isolation, etc. Load times in those titles won't be a detriment.

Now you have an M.2 for a very quick operating system, a decent size SSD for a solid rotation of games, I'd guess 10 to 15 titles, and a large HDD for backups & SP games.

3) That 550w is fine for a 1060, but will be near the high side for a 1070 Ti. At min I'd go 650w, but like GMSS said, you can't go wrong with a 750w now and be done with it. It will last you through another build and you won't have to ever worry about stressing it in the near future.

Last edited by Phobia; 09-20-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:00 PM   #4640
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Good to know guys, thanks. I'll play around and make some edits tonight, I appreciate the help!

Lakers
Juventus

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »