Home

XBOX 360 Problems

This is a discussion on XBOX 360 Problems within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 4
XBOX 360 Problems

OK so there are a lot of issues with my 360 and I need to know a fix! First off when I first turn on my console and try opening the tray, it won't open and I have to try tilting it and pressing the open tray button several times until it finally does. When I put a game in, after a few seconds it will say Open Tray even though I put a game in so I have to take it out and put it back in several times. Sometimes it will start up immediately but say Error Could Not Read Disc (and this doesn't just apply to one game, it happens with all of mines). This used to only happen around summertime last year but now it's started happening again: after a certain amount of time my console just turns off by itself and the power brick light turns red. Not to mention I've gotten the Red Ring of Death about 5 times before.

Any suggestions on what I should do? I know I probably should buy a new one and this time a Slim (I've had my XBOX for over 3 years now, it's an Elite) but I don't want to get another faulty one. My friend had a slim that he said kept making really loud voices so he returned it and got the MW3 Edition one.

Also my controller charger doesn't light up most of the time. I have the bend the wire and hold the controller in a weird way for even a flicker or light to appear. It wasn't as bad before but now it doesn't work at all and I have to go back to batteries which sucks because they always have to be replaced. Should I just order a new one using rewards points or is there a solution to this? Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: XBOX 360 Problems

Sounds like just old equipment to me. The inside of your 360 sounds like it just a lot of dust inside of it around the lens and tray slider arms. You be better off just buying a new one. Same thing goes for the changer.

I stopped using the play n charge kit because they don't ever last long before the wire gets faulty. I just use the stand alone charger now, works much better.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Sounds like just old equipment to me. The inside of your 360 sounds like it just a lot of dust inside of it around the lens and tray slider arms. You be better off just buying a new one. Same thing goes for the changer.

I stopped using the play n charge kit because they don't ever last long before the wire gets faulty. I just use the stand alone charger now, works much better.
One time I got an air pump with a needle, put the needle in one of the several holes on the side (if you're laying it down horizontally) and started pumping and a lot of dust came out. I figured that was the problem but there's dust everywhere, including on the parts that make the tray open. I know I need a new console but I want to wait till Black Friday but it's not for another 7 or 8 months so I need a temporary solution.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

A friend had an issue of tray not opening and not reading. I took it apart and adjusted the gears(little screW and turned a bit) and it worked. His was also very dirty in the gearing area.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 04-07-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah if you feel like gambling, take it all apart, clean every part and put it back together. I never tried that with the next gen consoles, but I did that with my PS2 all the time. I would take it apart, clean the lens,, clean the gears, put it back together and it was like brand new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

its all about rubbing alcohol
Old 04-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by therise77
its all about rubbing alcohol
Its more about the dvd not seated at proper distance. Tray not opening etc... Is a clear sign the gearing is off timing. Once its back in line it should read.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #8
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

$20-30 on an Energizer or other controller recharge dock is one of the best accessories I've bought for my 360, 2nd to the Kinect probably.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »