Home

XBL vs PSN: A True Comparison

This is a discussion on XBL vs PSN: A True Comparison within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: XBL vs PSN: A True Comparison

Jeremy brings up what ultimately sealed it for me. I had 360 had some good friends I'd play with, but after awhile I only had 1 real good friend compared to the PS3 where my 4 best buds have PS3s
Old 06-24-2012, 01:34 AM   #10
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

I would give it to PSN. I have had both an Xbox and PS3. Personally, the only thing I liked on Xbox was the chat system. However, I was only using this option maybe a couple times a week, if that. I won't give multiplayer to Xbox. I would call that a tie as well. I noticed no difference in connection status between the two systems. The Social Experience is all I'd give to XBL.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #11
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

I think the article weighs the XBL fifa "hacking" stuff too heavily. It was no where near as prevalent as the entire PSN service being breached and down for weeks.

I also think the entire first party section is irrelevant. Exclusives would have been a better think to judge, but the article wants to love Flow and Flower because Sony funded them. Who cares, fun games are fun. I'd rather play stuff like trials, minecraft, super meat boy, shadow complex, geometry wars, bastion, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #12
All Star

authentic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
I think the article weighs the XBL fifa "hacking" stuff too heavily. It was no where near as prevalent as the entire PSN service being breached and down for weeks.

I also think the entire first party section is irrelevant. Exclusives would have been a better think to judge, but the article wants to love Flow and Flower because Sony funded them. Who cares, fun games are fun. I'd rather play stuff like trials, minecraft, super meat boy, shadow complex, geometry wars, bastion, etc.
Personally, Sony has better exclusives. The only exclusives Microsoft has that would interest me are Halo and Gears of War, and I know a lot of people like Forza. I think Sony has a wider variety of exclusives too. That's just my opinion though. Either way, you can't really go wrong. Both XBL and PSN are great services and keep on getting better.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #13
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
I would give it to PSN. I have had both an Xbox and PS3. Personally, the only thing I liked on Xbox was the chat system. However, I was only using this option maybe a couple times a week, if that. I won't give multiplayer to Xbox. I would call that a tie as well. I noticed no difference in connection status between the two systems. The Social Experience is all I'd give to XBL.
I completely agree about the online playing experience. I've owned both consoles, and have never noticed a difference playing online in terms of connection quality. Playing on PSN has been a buttery smooth experience for me since day one.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #14
All Star

authentic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
I completely agree about the online playing experience. I've owned both consoles, and have never noticed a difference playing online in terms of connection quality. Playing on PSN has been a buttery smooth experience for me since day one.
Yeah, if anything I liked PSN better because years ago XBL was all little kids that were annoying, and they couldn't afford a PS3 LOL
Old 06-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #15
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Regarding the talk of exclusives, PSN blows XBL out of the water imo. Old PS1 games for download, current games now, and in the future HD remakes of FFX10 and maybe other older games eventually such as Kingdom Hearts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #16
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I guarantee there were tons of "kids" also on PSN (PSN being free)
With little to no mic support on PSN you just had the benefit of not hearing them.
Either way both had good exclusives but Sony being able to throw downlaoadable PS1 titles etc really helped them out.
In the end each system will always have their loyal followings that will never. E swayed from it.
I can admit I have more of a spot in my heart for XBOX due to the awe I was in playing Halo1, LIVE and being a beta tester. However I also have fond memories of the PS1 so Sony will be in heart also..

Guess thats why I will always get both systems despite others opinions.
I'm a victim of the system.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »