Home

PS3 Software Update (v4.30) (VITA TROPHIES ON PS3)

This is a discussion on PS3 Software Update (v4.30) (VITA TROPHIES ON PS3) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Next Tuesday, October 23rd, we will be releasing a new system software update for PlayStation 3 (version 4.30). With this update we have made several changes to how Trophies are displayed on your PlayStation 3. The Trophy Collection will now reside under PlayStation Network on the XMB. Trophies that you have earned playing PlayStation Vita games are now displayed on your PlayStation 3. You will also be able to see your Trophy level and progress towards the next level while viewing your trophy collection.

By the beginning of November 2012, we will retire the services available through the Life with PlayStation application. In conjunction with its retirement, we will stop offering the Life with PlayStation application to new users with the 4.30 update. This includes the conclusion of our participation with Stanford University’s Folding@home, a distributed computing project aimed at understanding protein folding, misfolding and studying the causes of a variety of diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s as well as various cancers.

We’d like to thank the more than 15 million users that have participated in the program since it started on PS3 in 2007. PS3 users have donated in total more than 100 million computation hours to the Folding@home project to date, and as a result, contributed greatly to Stanford University’s Alzheimer ’s disease research. Considering the contribution PS3 has made to the project, we decided to retire it as a result of discussions with Stanford University.
Vijay Pande, Folding@home research lead at Stanford University, had this to say about your contributions:

“The PS3 system was a game changer for Folding@home, as it opened the door for new methods and new processors, eventually also leading to the use of GPUs. We have had numerous successes in recent years. Specifically, in a paper just published in the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, we report on tests of predictions from earlier Folding@home simulations, and how these predictions have led to a new strategy to fight Alzheimer’s disease. The next steps, now underway at Stanford, are to take this lead compound and help push it towards a viable drug. It’s too early to report on our preliminary results there, but I’m very excited that the directions set out in this paper do appear to be bearing fruit in terms of a viable drug (not just a drug candidate).”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

42's Arena

OVR: 57
Re: PS3 Software Update (v4.30) (VITA TROPHIES ON PS3)

Wow! Only 8 months later, lol.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Wow! Only 8 months later, lol.
8 months for the US and poor Japan has had to wait 10 months. How can it take these guys almost a year to release something this simple?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

Awesome, now if I only played my PS3 as much so I could actually benefit from such a feature. As it is my Vita has been getting 90% of my gaming time. It's so much easier to stay connected, view trophies, jump in and out of games/apps on the Vita.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Hopefully this fixes the way the Vita shows on your PS3 friends list too.

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Finally

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 10-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I still have two people on my friends list who show up with no profile icon at the bottom of my list (the bug that shows up when you're logged into the Vita, but not the PS3). I suppose it's possible they haven't gotten the firmware yet, so that could be why, but if not then it's disappointing that this bug still exists.

Glad the Vita trophies finally show up on the PS3, though
Old 10-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Confirmed a couple of things by creating a dummy account on my PS3. The profile icon thing seems to be related to the firmware because while I'm logged into the dummy on the PS3 and the normal one on Vita, it shows my profile picture, and it never did that before. However....it gives no indication that my real account is logged in on the Vita - it just shows the red circle with an X by my name. Nor does it show what Vita game I'm playing.

So, the PS3 firmware still isn't up to par with what the Vita has in terms of friend list support. On the Vita I can still see all of my friends online with either system, and what game they're playing on either system. But it does at least seem to have fixed that picture bug.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »