Home

PlayStation 4 Discussion

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2016, 03:15 PM   #29593
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

On a related note - I also believe that NEO would eliminate the processing unit that's included with the PSVR which would allow Sony to remove it and thus lower the cost of the PSVR unit itself or release a PSVR retail unit without the processing unit for those who buy NEO and want to buy a PSVR.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:34 PM   #29594
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
PSVR is not even mentioned once in the leaked presentation documents for developers with Neo.

This has been talked about and hinted at to extend the generation and not having to have risky 'hard resets' for developers even before PSVR was shown.

For someone who frequents NeoGAF, I am surprised you don't pay attention more to these details pointed out by not only developers on there, but other members, when people try and drive-by with those posts.

'Common sense' is just tales from the arse in this instance.

It will improve the experience in the same way it will improve non VR experiences. It was not "made for VR". Hell, 'common sense' would tell you the majority of the talk about Neo is 4K, something PSVR is not rendering in.

Enough with that 'narrative'.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Bravo & well said.
Old 07-29-2016, 05:11 PM   #29595
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
On a related note - I also believe that NEO would eliminate the processing unit that's included with the PSVR which would allow Sony to remove it and thus lower the cost of the PSVR unit itself or release a PSVR retail unit without the processing unit for those who buy NEO and want to buy a PSVR.
Why would they decide to risk confusing the customer by launching a second version of PSVR that only works with Neo?

I'll just refer to Enigma's post for further explanation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2016, 07:00 PM   #29596
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Why would they decide to risk confusing the customer by launching a second version of PSVR that only works with Neo?

I'll just refer to Enigma's post for further explanation.
Base PS4, PS4 Neo, PSVR...there's already enough to confuse the average customer. Adding a cheaper PSVR without the processing unit wouldn't make any difference. Not only that but say, someone who doesn't already own a PS4 wants to buy one and wants to buy PSVR. Why would you buy the base PS4 and PSVR when you could buy NEO and PSVR while eliminating the processing unit and the extra cables that come with it, have the higher spec console and most likely save money in the process?

For those who upgrade from the base PS4 to NEO like some here said they would be doing, why would you buy PSVR for $400 when you could buy the PSVR for less and not deal with the processing unit?
Old 07-29-2016, 07:17 PM   #29597
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

daniel, ain't none of it confusing to anyone. The only person creating confusion is you with all these hypothetical variables.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:34 PM   #29598
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Base PS4, PS4 Neo, PSVR...there's already enough to confuse the average customer. Adding a cheaper PSVR without the processing unit wouldn't make any difference. Not only that but say, someone who doesn't already own a PS4 wants to buy one and wants to buy PSVR. Why would you buy the base PS4 and PSVR when you could buy NEO and PSVR while eliminating the processing unit and the extra cables that come with it, have the higher spec console and most likely save money in the process?

For those who upgrade from the base PS4 to NEO like some here said they would be doing, why would you buy PSVR for $400 when you could buy the PSVR for less and not deal with the processing unit?
Because there is absolutely no indication that the Neo is going to serve this purpose?

You're just making things up to fit a "what if" scenario, man. The rest of us are piecing things together based on all the tidbits that have come out.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:47 PM   #29599
Banned

Except for Neo actually existing, all of it is a "what if". Until Sony actually starts talking about Neo and confirms the specs, release date, price, etc., it's all nothing more than rumors, speculation and guesses. Besides, where's the harm in the "what ifs"? That's what it makes it fun and interesting. Sort of like all the speculation, rumors, leaked reports, etc. about what NX will be. Same thing. Don't really see the problem but im sorry for being an annoyance. I'll stop speculating.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:48 PM   #29600
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Are there any good racing games that aren't super sim? I miss the old Need For Speed games on the PS1 and I haven't really cared for the most recent ones EA has put out in the series.
Driveclub is one sexy game as well. The weather effects are jaw dropping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »