Home

PlayStation 4 Discussion

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #3713
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I've had both 360 and ps3. Live is not smoother. There the same. At least for me it has been. And a lot of devs seem to like the ease of the ps4 so if any porting is done, id assume they'd port to the xbone.

Imo yr dead wrong on this my freind.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 06-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #3714
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
The fact that both hardware is very similar, porting to either side will be much more efficient.

The PS4 may be their go to first since it has more power, they made it extremely developer friendly, and Sony may be coming out of the gate with more units sold.

As for Live vs. PSN. They were both just as smooth in my experience the last couple years till recent.

As for DL speeds. I get the same speeds on both. They both are just as fast with over 10mbit downloads. I do however know that varies from ISP to ISP with the PS3. And they should be on a much more level playing field this upcoming generation with more robust dedicated server backbones.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #3715
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
The fact that both hardware is very similar, porting to either side will be much more efficient.

The PS4 may be their go to first since it has more power, they made it extremely developer friendly, and Sony may be coming out of the gate with more units sold.

As for Live vs. PSN. They were both just as smooth in my experience the last couple years till recent.

As for DL speeds. I get the same speeds on both. They both are just as fast with over 10mbit downloads. I do however know that varies from ISP to ISP with the PS3. And they should be on a much more level playing field this upcoming generation with more robust dedicated server backbones.
I love my ps3, and I have fios quantum which both of my systems are plugged in through Ethernet, and download speeds are like comparing apples to oranges, I can leave the 360 on and do a download where's I have to turn my tv on and watch something while any game downloads for the ps3 cause of how slow it is.

sent from Droid DNA
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #3716
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

As much as I love my PS3, I've experienced up to almost double the times it takes to download items. I only know this because I have downloaded all of the DLC for BF3 on both my 360 and PS3. It wouldn't be a big deal if my internet was a bit faster.

I don't expect that to be an issue this time around.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #3717
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
Imo yr dead wrong on this my freind.
Yeah agree.
I've had both (same network) and it's not the same at all.
Live has always been a lot smoother than PSN.
I do think PSN will be a lot better (downloading wise) this new gen. I really hope so anyways.

Hopefully games will be equal also. The menus on EA sports games have always been very laggy compared to XBOX. They should be a lot better .... they better be since I'm PS4 out the gate

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #3718
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

I hope the ps4 gets rid of the 2 part system of installing a game while in background mode.

Example is when you leave the ps3 on while downloading a game after you were doing things on the xmb in background mode and head out for some lunch or something.

When you come back the game that downloaded is sitting on the xmb needing to start the install process. I would rather there just be one process of downloading and installing together without having to be stuck on a screen like the ps3 without the use of the xmb/dashboard area.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #3719
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Okay so my question is, when will we know for the sure the PS4 release date? Did they not announce the PS3 actual release date at E3 2006? I honestly don't remember.

I'm simply curious what both Sony and MS are waiting for: are they looking to have hardware into the manufacturing process before announcing? I can't imagine they are still determining final hardware specs and inclusions.

I don't remember when the last generation had final announcements concerning street dates. Then again perhaps Sony is just waiting for MS to announce so they can get their console out before-hand, and perhaps MS is doing the same.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #3720
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
I love my ps3, and I have fios quantum which both of my systems are plugged in through Ethernet, and download speeds are like comparing apples to oranges, I can leave the 360 on and do a download where's I have to turn my tv on and watch something while any game downloads for the ps3 cause of how slow it is.

sent from Droid DNA
I read something about a year or two back it is by region. So hopefully with the new expanded network and charging, they will have more server farms in more regions like Live does.

They know they will have to in order to compete. In the northeast it was the same for me. I live in central Florida now and it did not change. Same speeds as Live.

But that is here nor there. To do what they want to do with the PS4 and the fact they are charging now, there is an infrastructure there. What once was free should now improve with income coming in for it.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 06-23-2013 at 01:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »