Home

PlayStation 4 Discussion

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2019, 03:46 AM   #37281
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Sony is skipping E3 this year. They aren’t releasing this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That dont mean that its not comming out this year or at least being shown though they could do there own meeting thing like before e3 or show ps5 at PlayStation experience or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2019, 10:05 AM   #37282
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Anything will be better than Sony's show last year. A big spectacle with nothing too interesting. I like Nintendo's route of having their own controlled "Direct" where they can show you new games.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 02-08-2019, 11:17 AM   #37283
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
Honestly the only thing I’m 100 percent certain I’m buying here is LOU2. Can’t believe how long we have waited for this title. I got too much on my plate gaming wise over the next few months to pick up Days gone at launch. Might check it out eventually.
Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Anything will be better than Sony's show last year. A big spectacle with nothing too interesting. I like Nintendo's route of having their own controlled "Direct" where they can show you new games.
Spoiler
Old 02-08-2019, 11:17 AM   #37284
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
That dont mean that its not comming out this year or at least being shown though they could do there own meeting thing like before e3 or show ps5 at PlayStation experience or something.
They're not doing anything around E3.
E3 2019 will be the 25th E3, and it will be the first time in the convention’s history that Sony will not appear at the show. The very first E3 was held in May 1995; Sony made a splash during the event by announcing the U.S. launch date and price for the original PlayStation.

Next year, the company will not hold its traditional Monday evening press briefing, nor will it have a booth on the show floor at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Asked if Sony will move its E3 presence offsite, like Electronic Arts has done in the past three years with EA Play, a PlayStation representative said no — it’s passing up the opportunity entirely.

“We will not be programming around E3,”
the spokesperson told Polygon.
https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/15/1...ess-conference
Old 02-09-2019, 12:25 AM   #37285
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Smallville, let's say they did release PS5 this fall. Would a game like TLOU2 in your eyes still be a PS4-only release (perhaps to be remade later for PS5), or do you think that development would have long since shifted over to a PS5 release with a PS4 port on top of it (or not at all)?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2019, 03:59 AM   #37286
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
They're not doing anything around E3.
E3 2019 will be the 25th E3, and it will be the first time in the convention’s history that Sony will not appear at the show. The very first E3 was held in May 1995; Sony made a splash during the event by announcing the U.S. launch date and price for the original PlayStation.

Next year, the company will not hold its traditional Monday evening press briefing, nor will it have a booth on the show floor at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Asked if Sony will move its E3 presence offsite, like Electronic Arts has done in the past three years with EA Play, a PlayStation representative said no — it’s passing up the opportunity entirely.

“We will not be programming around E3,”
the spokesperson told Polygon.
https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/15/1...ess-conference
Yes I have already seen that dont really mean any thing though. Sony could still do like there own show/meeting like any other month this year and there is also PlayStation experience 2019 un less they skip it again this year and with some of Sony's comments that they made about e3 I could see Sony maybe kind of going to the more Nintendo direct style of updates. I am not saying they are going to do like a direct style for ps5 but most likely Sony will either do some kind of meeting at some point this year or like a direct style even if the direct style is just to show a few new ps4 games or something. To really think Sony is going to go a year + with no like events/meeting is just nuts.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:04 AM   #37287
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Smallville, let's say they did release PS5 this fall. Would a game like TLOU2 in your eyes still be a PS4-only release (perhaps to be remade later for PS5), or do you think that development would have long since shifted over to a PS5 release with a PS4 port on top of it (or not at all)?
It could be that a game like TLOU2 is a ps4 game but later on gets like a ps5 patch has most likely ps5 will be able to play ps4 games. Even if it dont come out this year and ps5 is 2020 instead depending on when the last big games come out for ps4 the same type of thing could happend then to dont really matter if it is 2019 or 2020 when it comes to ps5 un less maybe ever like last ps4 game is this year but that may be un likely has with what is left on ps4 most likely one of the games will end up being pushed back to 2020 not matter if its TLOU2 or something else.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:27 AM   #37288
MVP

ricky24's Arena

I don’t think it matters at this point. You develop for PS4/Pro and it will just play and look a little better on the 5. If last of us 2 is only playable on the PS4/Pro Sony made a huge mistake right out of the gate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »