Home

PlayStation 4 Discussion

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
2018 Sports Game of the Year Award Winners
Best Feature of 2018 Roundtable
Best Indie Game of 2018 Roundtable
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2019, 09:12 PM   #37313
All Star
 
illwill10's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Regardless of when it comes out, I will wait a year or so buy the PS5. I want a collection of games to be out before I decide to buy the console. Most likely console exclusive games out at release.
illwill10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:35 PM   #37314
All Star
 
LambertandHam's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Blog Entries: 13
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Regardless of when it comes out, I will wait a year or so buy the PS5. I want a collection of games to be out before I decide to buy the console. Most likely console exclusive games out at release.
Myswell wait for the inevitable slim than "pro" version that the new Xbox and Playstation will most likely follow again.
__________________
Steam
LambertandHam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:38 PM   #37315
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2018
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Sony Interactive Entertainment deputy president Jim Ryan will be appointed to President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment effective April 1st. Current President and CEO John Kodera will take on Jim Ryan's soon to be former role as deputy president and dedicate his focus on creating innovative user experiences and further enhancing the network area.

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/sony-int...sident-and-ceo

I for one am very happy with this personnel move. Ryan has been with Sony since 1994 and is responsible for making PlayStation 4 extremely popular in Europe. This move allows Kodera to focus on his personal strengths and allow Ryan to focus more on his.
peter42O is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:02 PM   #37316
All Star
 
LowerWolf's Arena
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Alabama
Posts: 7,571
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

As it stands right now, the PS4 may be my last console. I've been very happy with this generation, and I have enough games to keep me occupied for a long time.
__________________
Volunteers - 49ers - Braves - Penguins
LowerWolf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:49 PM   #37317
All Star
 
illwill10's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Myswell wait for the inevitable slim than "pro" version that the new Xbox and Playstation will most likely follow again.
Most likely will do that. I think I bought my first PS4 a year after the release. But that was because my PS3 had issues. I might wait a few years. By then I should have a good stable of games and not that much free time to devote to a new console right away.
Especially if they come up with an upgraded graphics like 8K or something with a Pro version. Than you pretty much need a newer television to go with that. I just bought my current TV a year ago. So I'm satisfied with it for a few years. I didn't even planned on getting the Pro. I got it as a gift from my girlfriend. I can definitely tell the difference when I move my pro to a different TV.
illwill10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:44 AM   #37318
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2015
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Myswell wait for the inevitable slim than "pro" version that the new Xbox and Playstation will most likely follow again.
I am wondering if we will even get a pro version next gen or not. This gen that was the first time that happend and I think the only reason we may have got that is because of 4k and I think 8k may be to far off for even a pro version and may be more like a ps6 and what ever comes after the next xbox type of thing.
Smallville102001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:16 AM   #37319
MVP
 
mestevo's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 16,475
Blog Entries: 1
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Sony Interactive Entertainment deputy president Jim Ryan will be appointed to President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment effective April 1st. Current President and CEO John Kodera will take on Jim Ryan's soon to be former role as deputy president and dedicate his focus on creating innovative user experiences and further enhancing the network area.

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/sony-int...sident-and-ceo

I for one am very happy with this personnel move. Ryan has been with Sony since 1994 and is responsible for making PlayStation 4 extremely popular in Europe. This move allows Kodera to focus on his personal strengths and allow Ryan to focus more on his.
'Why would anyone play this'
'A feature people ask for but not use'

Hopefully he's not the one deciding if backward compatibility returns as a staple of the Playstation brand.
mestevo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:03 AM   #37320
MVP
 
mestevo's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 16,475
Blog Entries: 1
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

PlayStation boss talking about some of the things I've touched on.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pl.../1100-6464942/

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
mestevo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 PM.

Top -