Home

PlayStation 4 Discussion

This is a discussion on PlayStation 4 Discussion within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Five Worst Gameplay Issues in MLB The Show 22
Tennis Manager 2022 Review - A Smash for Hardcore Tennis Fans
Draft Day Sports: Visual Upgrades Coming Later This Year

Old 07-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #4113
Pro

j3nkins29's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: PlayStation 4 Discussion

20 Things you may not have known about PS4

Old 07-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #4114
Pro

OVR: 2

From a business sense (if it's possible production and finalization wise) a later October release would really be an awesome move for Sony I think. It would be another notch in the belt of really knocking this release out of the park by hitting the market a month before XboxOne, capitalizing on all of the preorders and HOOKING all of those that are on the fence between the two and have both preordered. Which could cause them to cancel XboxOne preorder after having a month headstart and building up their PSN persona . It allows those that preordered to really enjoy the system and allow them the extra allotted time to produce towards a "second wave" leading into Black Friday.

I think it would be an excellent scenario for Sony and almost acts as FREE Marketing and hype when PS4 is the talk of the town for a whole month for those that didn't preorder and have to wait. And I wouldn't put it past Sony to do something similar given the whole Opening Preorders up and now closing them off. And here's why :

They had an idea but didn't for sure know that the public perception would be so positive given Xbox's decisions from the get go. And, they likely have an x amount of units that without a doubt they could put on the market at release day with no issue and another x(2) that will hit within 1-2 weeks. Once the preorders flooded in, they realized that they could still hit that x(2) number but could alot more towards the x number and perfectly fine - and given that they still had success even after XboxOne flipped, they opened up preorders telling stores to take all you can, the flood gates are open to be able to hit the x(2) number on a new earlier Launch date, and still being able to hit a new x(3) number for for the originally designated launch date.

Basically, I think they know they could hit an amount of PS4's with no issues if demand was there, it proved to be there so they'll hit that number (opening up preorders) and could possibly do it sooner (hence closing off preorders), but they still have that total number they could hit at the originally planned release date which is that sales charge around Black Friday that they take advantage of too.

At least, deep down that's what I'm rooting for - I'm an optimist and really looking forward to the date to be announced and will really enjoy the day I open the box and start the next gen on this machine
Old 07-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #4115
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

I want it now as well, but more than anything, I want it done right. No RROD BS like the 360. No cutting corners, etc. Do us right Sony, no matter how long it takes.
Twitter
YouTube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #4116
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I just watched that 20 things about PS4 video and just noticed that the XMB is now gone ??

I actually loved the XMB and the look of it. Nice, clean and simple. I also loved how we could but our own wallpaper pictures up as well.....

Oh well, looks like that is now gone.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #4117
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13
Walmart is still taking preorders at mine.
I was just at my best buy trading in games and was told that they were told to stop XB1 pre-oreders and are still told to allow PS4 even though they don't have any more pre order displayed.
YouTube: TBD
Old 07-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #4118
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBoyx703
I was just at my best buy trading in games and was told that they were told to stop XB1 pre-oreders and are still told to allow PS4 even though they don't have any more pre order displayed.
Seems the RAM yield issues are starting to be more apparent.

This could definitely hurt them hard right out the gate.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #4119
Pro

basketballer0385's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Seems the RAM yield issues are starting to be more apparent.

This could definitely hurt them hard right out the gate.

Everything they have done has hurt them, I'm glad I'm going with the ps4 just cant wait for it well at least I'll have the show and gtaV to last me til ps4, I really hope they release before xbox1 so they just start out even stronger

http://www.twitch.tv/baller0385
Old 07-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #4120
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

questions about gakai or even psn:

i gave up my ps2 when i bought xbox360. now im jumping back to sony with their PS4, could i still play ps2 games (via gakai or psn d/l)?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »