Home

nes/snes/ clone

This is a discussion on nes/snes/ clone within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5
nes/snes/ clone

anyone have one of these things? im looking to go back to my youth a little and i see these retro systems out there. some have sega/nes/snes and some have snes/snes. ive read reviews and they seem to be mixed. theres also alot of companies out there that make em. any personal experiences would be welcome as im intersested in a purchase of one. thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: nes/snes/ clone

I did a ton of research on this topic. Here is what I found out.

1. Retro Duo is by far the best clone on the market. The Super NES aspect of it is pretty much an exact replica.

2. The downfall is the NES is great, but there are still some sound issues. It can be fixed via a mod and there are vids on the internet.

3. The controllers aren't as awful as other clones, but you will want to get original Super NES controllers.

The situation I was in was I wanted to relive my youth and wanted to accomplish this via the lowest bidder. After watching countless youtube vids and buying some games, the Retro Duo allowed me to do this on the cheap.

After the vids and playing games, I ended up selling everything as I realized there was only a handful of games I truly loved still and would want to play and conveniently they are all on the Virtual Console (aside from Contra which should come eventually).

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »