Home

Sports gamers Next Gen console of Choice?

This is a discussion on Sports gamers Next Gen console of Choice? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which console will be best for sports gamers?
Xbox One 16 13.91%
PS4 99 86.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Sports gamers Next Gen console of Choice?

I think "human beings as a whole" console of choice is the PS4.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #10
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

honestly, nothing the ps4 has done in general to convince me a sports gamer to convert and use their system as my main one.

if your an xbox guy now, i dont even see why you wouldn't be on the new consoles.

ps, im getting both systems, but the Xbox One will be my sports gaming console.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 08-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #11
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
honestly, nothing the ps4 has done in general to convince me a sports gamer to convert and use their system as my main one.

if your an xbox guy now, i dont even see why you wouldn't be on the new consoles.

ps, im getting both systems, but the Xbox One will be my sports gaming console.
I'm moving away from sports games, and am still on the fence with regards to next gen.

Xbox One: I like the entertainment stuff, but I also game more on PC now (because I lose my main TV), so not sure having a system on there would be as smart. I do like Kinect for family type games, and Skype for talking with people.

PS4: Just a gaming system. Some "all in one" stuff (like netflix) but nothing like Xbox One. Cheaper, would be better to have to hook up to the tv/speakers my computer uses.

PS4 does seem to have more exclusives, but there's still more to unveil. I also want to know more about Live and PSN info, we haven't gotten tons there yet.

Still not sure overall...just my thoughts as of now. Leaning Xbox One because I'm a bigger 360 fan over PS3, but not enough of a lean to make a purchase.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

If you have any interest at all in playing baseball games, PS4 is the obvious choice.

MLB The Show
Pro Yakyuu Spirits
Power Pros

Three amazing baseball franchises that are all Sony exclusive.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 7

Kind of surprised voting is 21-1 in favor of the ps4 so far. EA has exclusive content on the xbone. I hate it as well but quite honestly i bought a ps3 and i use it for the show and that's it. The xbox 360 even without the show was a better console for sports games this last gen. Mainly due to better multiplats faster and more available downloads and a better controller.

That said reading up on the xbone scares me. They are changing everything about their console already because it clearly sucked. That can't be good. Just read they upped the clockspeed on their gpu so it can sort of make due. That's just pathetic though... Nice design lol.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #14
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

celtics6, believe what you want, but do some research on NSA and hackers and you will see your concerns are valid. As far as sports gaming, I do not have much faith at this point for the manufacturers like EA, so I am mostly leaning with FPS and other genres, but I would love to see sports rise to the top again. No doubt The Show will be awesome though.

I'm going PS4 due to the attempts MS tried to get by with and may try to pull again later. I also value my privacy and need none of the gimmicks. I could care less about DLC and any Ultimate Team stuff that MS will certainly have first for these games and I doubt we will see much difference as well between the consoles and the sports games themselves.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 08-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by papernut
celtics6, believe what you want, but do some research on NSA and hackers and you will see your concerns are valid. As far as sports gaming, I do not have much faith at this point for the manufacturers like EA, so I am mostly leaning with FPS and other genres, but I would love to see sports rise to the top again. No doubt The Show will be awesome though.

I'm going PS4 due to the attempts MS tried to get by with and may try to pull again later. I also value my privacy and need none of the gimmicks. I could care less about DLC and any Ultimate Team stuff that MS will certainly have first for these games and I doubt we will see much difference as well between the consoles and the sports games themselves.
I agree with you. I don't trust these companies are far as i can throw them. They have their own selfish interests. These are the same companies that if you find a bug in their game they make you out like a criminal for noticing it. I got banned from wow a while back because a bunch of people were accusing me of stuff i wasn't. These companies are not without flaws themselves. I honestly don't want microsoft to be in control of what i watch and do. That's my right. Thing is if it wasn't for sony MS would be shoving all this crap up our butts and we wouldn't have a choice if we want to play video games without all the bs.

Last edited by celtics6; 08-16-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

If you care about baseball, go with the PS4. If not, you can't go wrong with either system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »