Home

Anyone getting both PS4 and Xbone?

This is a discussion on Anyone getting both PS4 and Xbone? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #57
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Anyone getting both PS4 and Xbone?

I had my mind set on getting both...however I think I have a plan that will work out better starting with only one.

Since launch games will be almost identical for 3rd party, and Ryse is the only exclusive I am interested in at launch, I figure I will stick with xbox one to start.

Ps4 preorders are going for 650-750 on ebay, so I am listing both of my amazon preorders on it. I think worst case scenario I come out $400 ahead for both. That just about covers my xbox one preorder (and if I am lucky will more than cover it.) Since I have a couple games I can trade up for from 360 to xbone, I will have a few games for close to nothing, purchase Ryse, and maybe another game or two. And with the ps4 sales I will be paying very little (and no payment for online since I last purchased a year of live in July.)

Have my fun with those, and next year see how things go with the systems. If ps4 is significantly better, or their online isnt bad for me like it was for ps3, or there simply are a few exclusives I want, make the decision then if I want it in addition to xbone, or sell the xbone and use that towards a ps4 (and who knows, at that point collectors may be looking for a day one xbone and would pay a bit more than a standard xbone.)
Old 10-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #58
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Interesting list pulled from Wikipedia that shows exclusivity, development confirmation, dates....

You can inquire about certain games such as The Walking Dead from Telltale by clicking on the links. Interesting read such as it's release dates, and what to expect in part 2.

Here's list of games confirmed for PS4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tation_4_games

If there's a game that has me very interested in Xbox its Quantum Break. Very intrigued.
Here's a list of games confirmed for XBox 1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games
Old 10-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #59
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13

I have both preordered. I have the BF4 bundle for PS4 and the day one edition for Xbox1. I've had both preordered since they have been offered but I've been trying to justify paying for them. Yesterday I changed the insurance on my house and mine and my wife's car (she just bought a used Lincoln MKX that is pretty awesome) and I am getting refund checks that total over $1100. I'm pretty pumped about that. Now my car insurance is less for both our cars than it was with just mine alone. It's always nice to save some money, but it's even better when that money can help pay for these new consoles.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #60
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Getting a PS4 at launch with Battlefield 4 and NBA 2k14. I'll get an XB1 down the road just for Halo, my friends, and potentially a new Gears of War. Maybe on my birthday in January I'll get one.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 10-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolie G
I have both preordered. I have the BF4 bundle for PS4 and the day one edition for Xbox1. I've had both preordered since they have been offered but I've been trying to justify paying for them. Yesterday I changed the insurance on my house and mine and my wife's car (she just bought a used Lincoln MKX that is pretty awesome) and I am getting refund checks that total over $1100. I'm pretty pumped about that. Now my car insurance is less for both our cars than it was with just mine alone. It's always nice to save some money, but it's even better when that money can help pay for these new consoles.
I thought you guys drove a Lamborghini Aventador and Ferrari 458 Italia
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #62
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13

Lol. My 2001 VW Jetta seized up on the interstate 2 years ago & I bought a Nissan Altima. We ballin'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #63
Pro

OVR: 4

I'm going to end up with both, I originally had the Day one edition of Xbox preordered and launch edition PS4 on Amazon, I thought I made up my mind to go with PS4 so I cancelled my day one edition (Stupid) and now I wish I wouldn't have I want both. As it stands right now I'm buying the PS4 first only because I never cancelled that one and can get that one on launch day so I can play Madden and NBA 2K14 while the seasons are still going on and then I'll buy Xbox one very shortly after. Personally I love the idea of the Kinect being included in every Xbox one, it may mean that developers will find subtle ways to integrate gameplay aspects into games plus my daughter loves those motion games so Ill end up with both. I also pre-ordered the PS4 camera, my daughter wants to play with those robot things in the playroom.

Last edited by captaink; 10-20-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:20 AM   #64
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

After talking with my wife and losing a not so close conversation, I'll be picking up the PS4 only.

Pretty much came down to me spending $500+ on another system or buying her Xmas gifts.

She's hot and has that P power that I couldn't say no too.

I will have a X1 in March for TitanFall.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »