Home

How much do you think I can get for a PS4 on launch day?

This is a discussion on How much do you think I can get for a PS4 on launch day? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #33
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How much do you think I can get for a PS4 on launch day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
If I could get close to $900 for my PS4 I would have no problem selling it, no problem at all.
I'm hoping to get between $700-$1000 each of the PS4 and XboxONE I have pre-ordered.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #34
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I mean no offense to OP, but I hate these threads. This is a gaming site, not slickdeals.net (I hate the threads there too, but that's a different story). I like money as much as the next guy, but debating how much we can extort from other gamers? Just not cool.
Not really extortion, he is selling the right to buy something at a predetermined price on a predetermined date. There's risk involved for both parties and both side's are not obligated to enter into an agreement in the first place. If I wanted a PS4 on launch date it would be potentially smarter to try and lock in a price now versus rolling the dice on the available supply come release day.

I'm not really sure where being a "gamer" enters into this arrangement? Is he supposed to give him the system for free?
Old 11-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #35
MVP

HarkTheSound's Arena

OVR: 11

I have my PS4 preordered on Amazon at the moment, and am definitely planning on selling it.

Now, I'm new to all of this so I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do. I was thinking about putting the order up EBay tonight to see what I could get the bidding up to but I'm not sure if I should do it before release or wait until the days leading up to Christmas. I'll most likely do it now.

With that being said, I have it set to two-day shipping now...so whenever I get it shipped to me, I'll ship it back off to whoever buys it from me. I just worry cause that probably means the buyer is gonna have to wait until like November 18 or 19 to receive it instead of the day it release, which could mark down the profit I could gain.

Any advice from people who do this a lot?

Bengals
UNC Tar Heels(Football and Basketball)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #36
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlegendkillax
I have my PS4 preordered on Amazon at the moment, and am definitely planning on selling it.

Now, I'm new to all of this so I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do. I was thinking about putting the order up EBay tonight to see what I could get the bidding up to but I'm not sure if I should do it before release or wait until the days leading up to Christmas. I'll most likely do it now.

With that being said, I have it set to two-day shipping now...so whenever I get it shipped to me, I'll ship it back off to whoever buys it from me. I just worry cause that probably means the buyer is gonna have to wait until like November 18 or 19 to receive it instead of the day it release, which could mark down the profit I could gain.

Any advice from people who do this a lot?
I'm new to this also, I'm putting mine up on Ebay Monday and doing a 5 day bid. I would like advice from someone who's done this before also.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I'm new to this also, I'm putting mine up on Ebay Monday and doing a 5 day bid. I would like advice from someone who's done this before also.
I did with the 360 last console launch. The most I would do is a 3 day bid but back then I actually did a 1 day bid. The reason why is that even if you do a 5 day bid no one actually starts bidding heavy on an item until the last day.

Last time, I did a one day auction with no reserve and the starting price at $399. I guaranteed free next day shipping (will cost you around 60 bucks) and put in the description that the winner would have 30 min to pay my paypal account. If they failed to pay within that time, I would contact the second highest bidder and sell it to him/her.

My 360 sold for over 1000.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #38
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I did with the 360 last console launch. The most I would do is a 3 day bid but back then I actually did a 1 day bid. The reason why is that even if you do a 5 day bid no one actually starts bidding heavy on an item until the last day.

Last time, I did a one day auction with no reserve and the starting price at $399. I guaranteed free next day shipping (will cost you around 60 bucks) and put in the description that the winner would have 30 min to pay my paypal account. If they failed to pay within that time, I would contact the second highest bidder and sell it to him/her.

My 360 sold for over 1000.

Thanks man, Ill just post mine on Ebay on Wednesday or Thursday then.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:42 AM   #39
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Also I am buying my systems on Amazon and I live in an apartment building, is their anyway I can request the delivers not to drop my order off in front of my door?
Old 11-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #40
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Not looking good on Ebay right now, they are only going for around $600. I wonder if I should wait to sell mine a little after launch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »