Home

PS4 of videos to facebook slowing the network to crawl

This is a discussion on PS4 of videos to facebook slowing the network to crawl within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #25
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: PS4 of videos to facebook slowing the network to crawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
I'm pretty sure I still have that Motorola SB 6141 that was posted above. I haven't used it since I switched from Comcast. If you want the modem, I could send it your way. Or are you looking for a router?
If you are talking to me....that would be great! I would prefer to have a modem to connect to the TWC backbone and then I'll manage my own router and Wireless Access Point. I prefer it that way but when I got TWC a few years ago they provided the all-in-one unit and I just rolled with it, even though my IT background told me I should be managing it all myself.

Let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2013, 12:31 AM   #26
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You are right, I was thinking about something else, it's 5 up...
Thanks for the responses and the information about your modem and router. I might be going that route real soon. Additionally I was going to give TWC heck tomorrow about getting my 5mb up to 15mb! I'll still see what they say.

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #27
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Well. I've been through a lot in the last 4 -5 days and nothing resolves this issue. I have talked to tier 3 tech support at TWC and even switched out my modem for a newer Arris modem to no avail. I was misinformed at least 3-4 times on what I should do. Time Warner tech told me to go to the office and get a Motorola modem, which I did, but the office tells me they have no DOCSIS 3 Motorolas, only Arris. However, they give me a list of modems that they support. I go down the list and find the Motorola model we discussed above. I go to Best Buy and buy it and buy a new router. I get home, call tech support at their signature service line and verify that I can add this modem, and then doublecheck that if it doesn't resolve the issue, I can easily roll back to the Arriss modem without issue.

They clearly say yes.

I wait until the next day and throw the Motorola online then I call them to provision it, and I wait on hold for nearly an hour. They finally answer, I explain the issue and they say fine. I read them the MAC address and they try to provision my modem but it doesn't work. They put me on hold and come back and tell me that since I am a signature customer I am blocked from adding a customer owned modem.

Well I almost lost it since it was the Signature tech people who told me to go but this model! I basically got the run-around for 2-3 days to arrive at this moment where nothing I bought or was going to try is even allowed! And again, I was doing this at there suggestion.

So....now I am back to square one. If there is a silver lining, the tech guy who came out to resolve a different television issue, told me they had a meeting on Wednesday and supposedly talked about the engineers trying to find a way to resolve this exact ps4 upload issue. I don't know if I believe that completely.......seems too convenient to when I called about the issue.

Anyway....if anyone has the same issue or has some other suggestions I am open.

Thanks.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #28
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
If you are talking to me....that would be great! I would prefer to have a modem to connect to the TWC backbone and then I'll manage my own router and Wireless Access Point. I prefer it that way but when I got TWC a few years ago they provided the all-in-one unit and I just rolled with it, even though my IT background told me I should be managing it all myself.

Let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah, it was normally stashed away in my parent's room, but couldn't find it. I think my brother might have taken it and sold/gave it away already. Sorry man
Old 12-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #29
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Yeah, it was normally stashed away in my parent's room, but couldn't find it. I think my brother might have taken it and sold/gave it away already. Sorry man
Thanks anyway. If you read my post above you will see that it wouldn't have mattered anyway as TWC would not allow me to use it anyway.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

What does a "signature customer" mean??

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 12-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #31
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
What does a "signature customer" mean??
About 3 years ago when I moved into my house, Time Warner introduced a program called Signature Customer. It is basically a bundle of Internet, Phone and TV that included 2 whole house DVRs and the 50mbit internet. This before it became available as a standalone. The biggest perk is that you get special customer service....like, on Memorial Day this past year, one of my DVRs died completely I called at about 9am and they have someone out to fix it before noon.....on Memorial Day. Sweet.

They also seem to have a higher level of tech support when you call and normally jump through hoops to accommodate you. So it's like an Elite service.

However, it appears that as part of this service, they have locked the ability to add your own modem out of the system. literally the technician could not enable this feature as some type of ID that identifies me as a Signature customer was blocking it.

I think the exact name is "Time Warner Signature Home".

I've thought about changing to a "lesser" plan to save some money, but ultimately I would have to cut my internet way down, lose a DVR and drop my phone service and I'd end up saving $20 bucks or so. When I weigh that against the higher speeds and actually having a home phone and an extra DVR.....plus the great service, $20 doesn't seem worth it to lose all that. However....I am stuck with their Arris modem.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »